Who Wins the East?

DCETP

Scout Team
Sep 29, 2012
Tough call between USCe and Georgia. My gut says USCe pulls it out with a dominant defense. It's an understatment to say that will be the game to watch in week 2.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Jawga

Honestly they scared the heck out of us. I know we lost to aTm but I think we beat ourselves. Jawga is a fine football team very motivated.
That was last year's team. They have fine talent and field a competitive team when they get it together between the ears collectively. I don't see them very consistent this year especially on D. I think we'll see SCarolina in the SECCG.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
I've watched Murray talk about how the Dawgs have been motivated to work extra this off-season and their goal is to come back to Atlanta and win this year. Reminds me of how our team got motivated by losing the SECCG in 2008, and turned that into lots of positive energy in 2009.

The Gamecocks, on the other hand, have a better defense and The Evil Genius for a coach.

Even Gator fans think their team over-achieved last year. I look for a bit of a drop-off.

USCe @ GA should be the Eastern Division Game of the Year. Advantage Georgia.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Georgia beats USCe, but South Carolina wins the East. I think that Georgia is going to come out fired up for their game due to how many in a row they have lost to South Carolina. Aaron Murray will have the game of his life, win a close one, and everyone will declare the SEC east as won. However, Georgia has a lot of inexperience on the defense and the offensive line, and I think that burn them later in the season. I don't know who upsets them, but I still think Georgia loses one or two they shouldn't, and USCe walks away with the eastern title.

I also think Florida will have a very underwhelming season by their standards, so I wouldn't even consider them to be a contender at the moment.

graydogg85

1st Team
Feb 7, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Florida.

Not so much based on the merits of Florida, but on the historical propensity of South Carolina and Georgia to implode at crucial times. Plus, I think both USC and UGA are over-hyped as it stands. I'm skeptical about Carolina's offense, and I'm equally skeptical about Georgia's defense.

I'm not suggesting an undefeated campaign for the Gators - in fact I could see them sneaking into the SEC Title Game with a 9-3 record.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I think Florida might be the sleeper that wakes up this year...just a wild hunch. Georgia was good last year but I somehow don't take them seriously as the East Champ this time around. They don't ever seem to sustain any momentum from season to season.

If I could pick who I want to win it, I'd like to see His Visor in the spotlight again, he's always good for a laugh. And when they're winning big, he can really get going with his remarks.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
As one can see just by reading this thread, there is not a clear front runner in SECE. Even Vandy, though mentioned tongue-in-cheek by some, is worthy of being in the discussion. It's a wide open division.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I appreciate everyone's perspective here but I just can't see Florida losing to UGA 3 years in a row.

Murray is a great QB no doubt but just on the basis that Florida will not lose that 3rd game to the Dawgs in a row...I have to state my opinion that Florida has a great chance to win the East - regardless of other criteria.

So - if this comes true (a Florida victory over Georgia) - the UGA-USCe game becomes much more important in determining Florida's fate in the East. UGA defeats USCe - then Florida is in the driver's seat. :)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I would love to see a return of the UF-Bama SECCG "series"...win or lose...those were some great games.

Not to take anything away from last year's game - which was pretty epic.

The list of Florida injuries is growing....but I'm still "all in" - unless something happens to Driskel (other than having his appendix removed a couple weeks ago)...:redface:

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I think Georgia is more talented than Florida or USCe. They are also extremely motivated after last year's loss to Bama, like us after losing to Florida. I'm not sure USCe has the depth to finish strong.

I believe we'll give Georgia a rematch in December, but this time beat them soundly.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Well I don't think it will be Georgia, cause Carolina will beat them so I guess either Florida or Carolina.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
This is a tough one to call. One minute I think S Carolina, the next I think Georgia and then I lean toward the Gators -- ought to be interesting in the East.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.