Recruiting Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
It has been brought to my attention that it has been to long since I've posted info on the board. So, I'm taking some time to do a quick update for 2014 & 2015 as things currently stand.
First I want to comment on 2015 Qb commit Ricky Towns. I said when the first camp was over that we had the lead and that never changed regardless of other teams were pitching him. In the 24/7 sports (I will be using their rankings when discussing prospects) rankings they have him #3 overall. Their evaluators have said that he had the best film for his class they have ever seen. Lucky (the founder of 24/7 sports and started rivals.com) gets the best in thier respected business fields, I say that to give you perspective on what they said. Towns has sent shockwaves through the west coast and more prospects are considering Bama. He will definatly boost our recruiting efforts in the 15 class, like it needed more help.
Speaking of helping recruiting 2014 commit Cornwell has become really really good friends with LT Cam Robinson. And it certainly isn't a bad thing. Imo we land Robinson who seems to want to leave the pelican state.
Also, from the pelican state is mr LF. Who in an article has stated that Bama is recruiting him the hardest. Saban has told him that we don't need you ,but we want you. The same kind of line we used with Julio. LF will take officals to 5 out of state schools including BAMA, but not to LSU at this time. IMO he will take a OV to LSU.
The Iowa commit seemed to be all set to commit to bama but backed off that after Iowa's staff asked him to wait and think about it. (looks like he committed to bama ,but i would wait until the ink is dry on this one).
Hand and Carter have been talking about going to bama and playing the Sam and Jack spots together. So to everyone saying they don't and willn't play together, Hogwash.
Clark might be our next commit by the end of the weekend but I can't confirm this. I believe his dad is back in town and I know clark wasn't going to make a decision until he came back.
Look out for another saftey prospect as well in Hootie Jones from LA. He will be in Tuscaloosa next weekend. IMO if we make a push for him he is likely headed to the capstone.
Hall the baylor commit is all but switched IMO. He just needs to convince the people around him to let him come to UA is the only hold up .
Look for Lane the Wr from FL to commit to UF. We are going after Dupree from LA and have him #1 on the board.
This is all I have time for but a nice little bit. Please others contribute to this.

Last edited:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Appreciate your insight as always. Comments on the recent development in Bo Scarborough's year? Does he make it? Will the safety out of Georgia be encouraged to look elsewhere, or will he stick?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
I don't know if I've EVER seen Bama recruiting this good, at least in my lifetime (and I'm 52). It's insanely good.

Jordan54

1st Team
Aug 20, 2007
Gardendale, Al
I don't know if I've EVER seen Bama recruiting this good, at least in my lifetime (and I'm 52). It's insanely good.
Braveheart, no doubt that Coach Saban is a recruiting genius, but, we shouldn't forget the 70's. We had great athletes at every position and Coach Bryant always played a ton of players.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Appreciate your insight as always. Comments on the recent development in Bo Scarborough's year? Does he make it? Will the safety out of Georgia be encouraged to look elsewhere, or will he stick?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Bo needed help academically ,so in that regard possibly a great decision. I don't know of anyone that will be asked to look around ,but i would expect to lose one or two guys unfortunately that is how it always works out.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Braveheart, no doubt that Coach Saban is a recruiting genius, but, we shouldn't forget the 70's. We had great athletes at every position and Coach Bryant always played a ton of players.
Agree but there were no schollie limitations then and Coach Bryant would also take kids to stop others from getting them -- or so I've been told.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Agree but there were no schollie limitations then and Coach Bryant would also take kids to stop others from getting them -- or so I've been told.
There were limitations for everyone including us. Much of the other story is based on sour grapes from rivals. :)

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
There were limitations for everyone including us. Much of the other story is based on sour grapes from rivals. :)
There WERE limitations but they were absurd limitations. The class Ray Perkins signed with, they had about 100 players in that class and 38 of them were fullbacks in high school! Of course, most of those fullbacks changed positions once they got to Tuscaloosa.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
There WERE limitations but they were absurd limitations. The class Ray Perkins signed with, they had about 100 players in that class and 38 of them were fullbacks in high school! Of course, most of those fullbacks changed positions once they got to Tuscaloosa.
NZAA started limits in 1973 - or maybe 1972 - in response to federal laws surrounding Title 9. Capped at 105. 1978 brought another reduction to 95 and early 90s brought on the current 85.

Back to regular scheduled programming.

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Shaking my head in disbelief...........:rolleye2:

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
Ray Perkins came to Bama in 1964. I think that's the year he was talking about signing so many people.
EXACTLY. Some of you guys need to read S-L-O-W-L-Y. And yes, it IS true. Coach Bryant could sign literally about 100 guys per signing class in the late 1950s and 1960s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.