Richt continues to be the puppies' best buddy

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
Bobby Dodd of Ga,Tech used to let his players play volley ball from time to time to break up the grind of practice. I guess one of the Bama players mentioned it to Coach Bryant and he shot it down telling the team they couldn't win that way, they had to be tougher and they couldn't get tougher by playing volleyball.

Back in those days, the early 60s, Tech was a major player in CFB and had bigger and often more talented players than we did, but they were not tough enough to hang with Bama for 60 minutes. Kinda like Nolan Richardson's "40 minutes of hell" transferred to the gridiron.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
People can say what they want about der Richter, but I have always felt (and nothing has happened to change my mind) that his teams display a lack of discipline that costs them every year. He has had a TREMENDOUS amount of talent (look to the NFL) and has consistently under-achieved. Sure he has won some....during the down years of the lizards and the orange puke, but with the collection of talent he has had he should have won more. No one other than Lester and CNS has had the same level of talent over that time, and both of them have won NC's. His best chance was last year. I hope he stays in Athens forever.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
I've been in Atlanta 14 years and I hear the same thing at the beginning of football season from uga fans. They think Richt is the best coach in college football. They've been crying all week on Sports Radio. One knucklehead even called in and said had they been able to play in BCS Champsionship game in 2008 against LSU, people wouldn't be talking about the Richt the way they are. I almost wrecked my truck. He used the fact that we played LSU in the BCSCG without winning the SEC. I don't understand how anyone can be that stupid, but that's how alot of their fans think.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I've been in Atlanta 14 years and I hear the same thing at the beginning of football season from uga fans. They think Richt is the best coach in college football. They've been crying all week on Sports Radio. One knucklehead even called in and said had they been able to play in BCS Champsionship game in 2008 against LSU, people wouldn't be talking about the Richt the way they are. I almost wrecked my truck. He used the fact that we played LSU in the BCSCG without winning the SEC. I don't understand how anyone can be that stupid, but that's how alot of their fans think.
Maybe he meant 2007?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.