TJ's TD against Missouri most underrated POTY

Bama-fo-life

1st Team
Jan 16, 2004
Mobile, AL. USA
yahoo.com
It started with ESPN after the game by somehow not getting shown and it continues to this day. I am totally surprised that play does not get any airtime. What a freak show of athletic ability and I wish it got the credit it deserves. He jumped like 10 yards!!!!!

Bama-fo-life

1st Team
Jan 16, 2004
Mobile, AL. USA
yahoo.com
I agree the play deserves far more recognition that it's received.....but to be clear, he jumped nearly 5 yards (14 feet). His takeoff foot was just inside the 5-yd line. Still, one heck of a play.
I meant that to come across as implied exaggeration lol. To be fair I did this because I was too lazy to look it up lol. Still a sick play though!

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I meant that to come across as implied exaggeration lol. To be fair I did this because I was too lazy to look it up lol. Still a sick play though!
Yeah, jumping from the 10 would give him the world record, which is currently at about 29-1/2 feet. Agreed, though, that this play doesn't get a lot of recognition and it should. Jumping almost 5 yards (I'd say ~13 feet) is pretty impressive. The ball landed a few feet past the pylon.

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
It was a great play, I remember someone photoshopping a cape on him.

This was when our game was delayed for a long time right? That is probably why it got lost in all the other plays. Also, I remember that there were quite a few injuries. Wasn't a Mizzou player carted off?

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
I did the long jump in high school and could jump just over 20 feet. That was wearing a track uniform which weighs almost nothing...running straight ahead at full speed...and it not raining. TJ was rounding a corner...in the pouring rain...wearing pads. It is amazing that he was able to do what he did.

zachphil0405

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 30, 2013
Honesdale, PA
Not to put TJ down, but it looked like a pretty average football play to me. What impressed me though was the thought to get the ball to the goal line and the arm length to do it. But all in all, great play.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Not to put TJ down, but it looked like a pretty average football play to me. What impressed me though was the thought to get the ball to the goal line and the arm length to do it. But all in all, great play.
And, the hand strength to hold onto a wet ball with one hand while diving 15 feet at full speed in a rain storm.

What do you mean average?! At first glance I thought it was too until I saw from where he took off. That was NOT average and he did it in traffic.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.