Are you more sick or Johnny Football or Urban Meyer?

ihatefulmer

All-American
Jan 26, 2004
Scottsboro
I have had my belly full of both but why is everybody in the rest of the country so in love with Urban Meyer? Lets be honest he couldn't handle the SEC. Saban was giving him strokes, heart attacks , stress, depression or what ever it was. He went to a inferior conference cause he couldn't run with the big dogs. I hope that we get them in the title game so maybe he might pass out during his half time interview. SICK OF URBAN MAYER!!!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Urban won two national titles with Florida. Hard to discount that. I think he's a good coach but doesn't like competing on an even playing field. I believe that he had grown weary of the work that had to be put in to stay relevant in this conference. Brett Beliema is about to find out. Remember wasn't it him or some coaches in their conference talking about a gentleman's agreement that once a player committed the other programs within the conference would back off. That's not the case in the SEC. It is relentless and if you don't stay on top of your game you're quickly eaten up. I don't think he could handle the pressure and the stress of it.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Tebow had more to do with the titles than Urban did. I know he didn't start in 2006, but they don't win that title without him.

To answer your original question, I'm much more sick of Manziel. He's just an ugly, stupid, spoiled brat. Plain and simple.

Last edited:

NBF_Bama_Cavalry

All-American
Dec 2, 2002
Titus, Al, US
www.dixiebikers.com
I'm tired of both. I hope manziel gets drafted by the Neptune Football League and they hire meyer to be his head coach. That way, by the time news of their heroic and superhuman deeds gets back to earth I'll be dead and buried. :smile:

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I hope Manziel transfers to Ohio State. Plays in one game for Meyer. Sells his autographed game-worn jersey in exchange for a tattoo. Then the NCAA puts Ohio State on probation (after threatening the death penalty for repeat violations and lack of institutional control). I'm tried of hearing about both. Just 16 more days...

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Manziel. He's a flash in the pan IMO. He's already demonstrated his selfish personality and I think he'll get contained and frustrated by Kirby Smart and Co. as well as throughout the season by the better half of the aTm schedule. "IF" he gets to play and I think he will.

Meyer is just plain boring to me anymore. We've all seen his motives and decisions, or the lack thereof. He's just simply a jerk.

RTR!!!

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
CUM wins on a technicality. We likely will only have to deal with 1 more year of Johnny Hangover... And barring another major panic attack, CUM will be around for longer....

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
I'm not sick of either. What I am sick of is the way ESPN floods the sports media market (TV, radio, Web) with over hyped stories and then does stories about over hyped sports is becoming, and then does a story about the demise of sports in America due to over hyping, and then uses THAT story as a segue to the next story that they are about to over hype which really isn't even a story itself. Non CFB example:

ESPN radio: RB J Charles was carted off the field during practice today. Some comments about his previous injury history, what a big loss it would be to the team, etc. Then some comments about how the carting off the field affected the players at practice. Let's bring in John Clayton:

JC: He was carted off the field because the field is really far from the medical station at this particular practice facility. He wasn't carted off out of severity of injury, it's just a really long walk to the doctor.

ESPN Radio: John, that's why your a stud, man. Only know these kinds of details.

Translation: JC was never seriously hurt. It was believed he was seriously hurt. But they turned that into 5 minutes of air time followed by the JC interview, followed by another minute or two. And that's just a really miniscule example of how they operate.

/rant

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I respect Urban. Like him or not he's a hell of a football coach. Great success at Utah, two national titles at Florida, and it would have been three had they not played us in the SEC Championship Game in 09. Then, undefeated in his first season at Ohio State. He's walked the walk and talked the talk. Proven himself.
JF had one great year and has acted like the biggest publicity hound on the planet ever since. And understand, I was a fan of his at one point. But this is ridiculous lately and I'm tired of reading about him and his antics.
sip

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.