Safety C.J. Hampton Updates (Enrolled at Ole Miss)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: Safety C.J. Hampton Updates (Ole Miss Commit)

This one has never made any sense to me. It's been apparent for the longest now that he's coming to Alabama -- and I see no reason now to expect otherwise -- but he has stretched this out until the end, and has kept up the charade as the Ole Miss commitment.

I get the in-state pressure bit, but this isn't South Panola we are talking about here, it's Meridian, which is far closer to Tuscaloosa than Oxford, and which has just as many Alabama and MSU fans as Ole Miss fans (and probably more).

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

This one has never made any sense to me. It's been apparent for the longest now that he's coming to Alabama -- and I see no reason now to expect otherwise -- but he has stretched this out until the end, and has kept up the charade as the Ole Miss commitment.

I get the in-state pressure bit, but this isn't South Panola we are talking about here, it's Meridian, which is far closer to Tuscaloosa than Oxford, and which has just as many Alabama and MSU fans as Ole Miss fans (and probably more).
he's an EE, too....so he won't have to hear it for long...

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

My impression has been that he is a huge priority for the tide staff. Is that impression correct?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Hearing that he de-committed from us………..
:confused:

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

I wonder if this is a bad sign for CJ now that Hootie has decommitted. It could be good if it means less competition for playing time. Bad if they want to play together and CJ isn't coming to Bama.
I'm really surprised that Chris Williams hasn't decommitted yet. I figured he would follow Bessent.
We could use some good news on Friday from CJ. Hope he flips to us. Wonder if something crazy happened at the official visit that caused some concern.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

I wonder if this is a bad sign for CJ now that Hootie has decommitted. It could be good if it means less competition for playing time. Bad if they want to play together and CJ isn't coming to Bama.
I'm really surprised that Chris Williams hasn't decommitted yet. I figured he would follow Bessent.
We could use some good news on Friday from CJ. Hope he flips to us. Wonder if something crazy happened at the official visit that caused some concern.
Williams is all Bama. he was very respectful to Bessent over twitter a few weeks ago when Bessent told him to de commit from Bama. grades are the issues with Williams , not his allegiance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.