Safety C.J. Hampton Updates (Enrolled at Ole Miss)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Re: Safety C.J. Hampton Updates (Ole Miss Commit)

The latest from BOL, they are saying that Hampton had given all indications to the Bama staff he is committing to Alabama. Furthermore , most prospects have stated that they would be shock if Hampton was not in Tuscaloosa when its all said and done. But and its a big BUT , the BOL mods also state that ole miss feels confident as well. So who the heck really knows????I am not to optimistic when it is this close esp. involving a certain Mississippi school. Hampton recent " de commitment" doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Sounds like things are coming together...we'll lose a few and pick up a few better guys.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

We have a de-commit from Ole Miss thinking about Alabama, and a de-commit from Alabama thinking about Ole Miss. Time warp - we are back in the 60s again.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

Never put anything past Ole Mi$$. I lived in Mississippi for many years and spent some time around both OM and MSU boosters. Trust me, they've been dirty for years and usually weren't too shy about it. I'm sure they've gotten renewed arrogance after Scam skated at *U, so this sudden recruiting $ucce$$ makes perfect (dollars and) $en$e to me. I wouldn't bank on anything with Hampton and Jones, but hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Never put anything past Ole Mi$$. I lived in Mississippi for many years and spent some time around both OM and MSU boosters. Trust me, they've been dirty for years and usually weren't too shy about it. I'm sure they've gotten renewed arrogance after Scam skated at *U, so this sudden recruiting $ucce$$ makes perfect (dollars and) $en$e to me. I wouldn't bank on anything with Hampton and Jones, but hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised.
Love all the play on words. Are you a poet or rapper?
I thought Hootie and CJ would want to play together, but maybe they want to play against each other. Unless the Bama staff is backing off one of them.

What time is the announcement today?

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

Are you a poet or rapper?
LOL, neither one, but if I had to choose I'd pick rapper. At least you can be rich and famous without having to die first. I'd have to change my name though. The Kellogg's people probably wouldn't let me get away with Special K. I'm pretty cheap, so maybe K-Mart?

Born2Roll

3rd Team
Oct 8, 2004
Tallahassee, FL

I don't read too much into recruits wanting to play together. You hear stuff like this every year and usually it doesn't end up that way. I expect Hampton to sign with us later today.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

He's an early enrollee.
That's great. He can't sign to a school until February 5, though. And until he enrolls in school, I won't feel comfortable about his commitment if he commits to Alabama.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Bone from Tidesports is predicting him to Ole Miss
Yep, looks like ole mi$$ strikes again at the 11th hour. I know this isn't south panola where they have so much influence, but it seems like we are striking out with all the MS kids now (I'm not counting Juco guys). we have had successful kids come through from the state (Norwood and Steen), but now we aren't really bringing anyone in.

Oh well, I think we'll be fine either way and still finish with the best class in the country.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms

Pretty big miss for Bama if this is true. Just a week ago, people around the program considered him Bama's; seems like it was a done deal, now most are expecting him to go to Ole Miss. The other decommitments were shrugged off because of Hampton and Humphrey; now it is looking dim for CB's. But this would change back to bright if he does pick Bama.

Born2Roll

3rd Team
Oct 8, 2004
Tallahassee, FL

That's great. He can't sign to a school until February 5, though. And until he enrolls in school, I won't feel comfortable about his commitment if he commits to Alabama.
You're right, RTR91. Thanks for clarifying. I do think he sticks with the school he selects today though.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

3rd hand info, but an OM booster said about the OM staff, "they're gonna get us on probation."

TIFWIW

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Bone from Tidesports is predicting him to Ole Miss
So he de-committed a couple of days ago to re-commit to the same school. If this is the case, that is BS and sounds like the OM staff is pulling some strings to get more attention to the program. There is something incredibly dirty going on in Oxford.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

There is something incredibly dirty going on in Oxford.
No question in my mind, especially knowing what I know about how they've operated historically. Somebody needs to put a stop to their crap before it gets too big to rein in. It's one thing if they are buying 2-star recruits from Miss. St., but this is getting to be a bit much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.