Safety C.J. Hampton Updates (Enrolled at Ole Miss)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Definitely one to follow here. Hampton is committed to Ole Miss, but it's been exceedingly clear that he remains open, and he's high on Alabama (as is the 'Bama staff on him). He was in Tuscaloosa last week, and he plans on returning for an official visit. Wouldn't be any real surprise if he ultimately flipped to us down the stretch.

Note that even though he is a Mississippi kid, location actually helps us here. He's from Meridian, so he's actually far closer to Tuscaloosa than he is to Oxford. MSU isn't a real player here, so he'll end up at either 'Bama or Ole Miss.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Re: Safety C.J. Hampton Updates (Ole Miss Commit)

What about his grades? ;) Can a Mississippi kid REALLY help this team? I don't like them, they smell funny!
Got all that out of the way.

Is he part of the plan, does anybody have a realistic guess where he is on the pecking order?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Is he part of the plan, does anybody have a realistic guess where he is on the pecking order?
He's pretty high up there, arguably even higher than Ronnie Clark. Either way, regardless of specific pecking order, he's a take at this time and it looks like we're willing to hold a spot for him for a while.

FWIW, Tony Brown and Davion Hall are probably at or near the very top of our safety board. Not overly likely we get either of those two, though, so more realistically our top options right now at safety are Hampton, Clark, and Laurence Jones. Still fairly early, but I tend to believe that all three have commitable offers at this point in time.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

We can send our most famous alum from Meridian to recruit him. ;)

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Only problem is she's about old enough to be his grandmother;)

Not that I have room to talk these days, but you know...

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

He's pretty high up there, arguably even higher than Ronnie Clark. Either way, regardless of specific pecking order, he's a take at this time and it looks like we're willing to hold a spot for him for a while.

FWIW, Tony Brown and Davion Hall are probably at or near the very top of our safety board. Not overly likely we get either of those two, though, so more realistically our top options right now at safety are Hampton, Clark, and Laurence Jones. Still fairly early, but I tend to believe that all three have commitable offers at this point in time.
BET, we have Chris Williams at safety. How many more will be in this class?

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Not BET, but my guess is we try to take at least 2 of the 3 that seem more likely than others (Clark, Jones, Hampton). I think we could snag Hall, but he prefers WR and Baylor's passing game is attractive (unless their new QB flounders this year). I always worry about MS kids and the Ole Miss boosters getting involved, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got Clark and Hampton. I also think we get Tabor and Humphrey.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

JPS answered your question already. I started looking at our roster, and Bama is losing the majority of its safeties in the next two seasons.

Nick Perry graduates. HaHa is gone to the NFL. Vinnie can leave if he wants. Jarrick Williams can leave, too. That leaves Landon Collins and any of the freshmen at safety for sure coming back (barring a transfer).

Bama needs to load up on DB this class.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

Even with the potential to play a lot as a freshman and Alabama winning the distance factor, there' still so much pressure for these kids to stay in-state. And that goes for State prospects too. For a state that has no program that's seen much success (save for Ole Miss 50 years ago under Vaught), it has always been strange to me that there's so much pressure for those kids to stay home.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

How does he compare to Hootie Jones ?

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010

She is not too old... No Way!!!....You can have her sent to Atlanta to "recruit" me...That would be completely fine.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

LOL, I love Sela as well....but dude, she's old enough to be his grandma. I don't think that is going to work. But if the kid were 47 like me, well, it most definitely would! :)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

If you haven't looked at RTO's thread, he visited for the Ole Miss game and told Kipp Adams to change his interest level from "cool" to "warm" on his 247 profile. Two recruiting analysts from 247 made their pick for Alabama on his Crystal Ball. Two others picked Alabama last week.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

If you haven't looked at RTO's thread, he visited for the Ole Miss game and told Kipp Adams to change his interest level from "cool" to "warm" on his 247 profile. Two recruiting analysts from 247 made their pick for Alabama on his Crystal Ball. Two others picked Alabama last week.

I saw he had Cam Robinson in his ear the whole game. I wonder if Hootie showed up too? Since Ole Miss stole Connor last year, it is only fitting that we take CJ from them.
I think Cam Rob is ending up being quite the recruiter. I wonder if Ronnie Clark was there? I hope he commits soon. He should have a commitable offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.