Safety C.J. Hampton Updates (Enrolled at Ole Miss)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
Re: Safety C.J. Hampton Updates (Ole Miss Commit)

Anyone else think we could see a future "30 For 30" episode about what's been going on in Ole Miss like the "Pony Excess" one about SMU? Trying to think about a clever title.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC

Anyone else think we could see a future "30 For 30" episode about what's been going on in Ole Miss like the "Pony Excess" one about SMU? Trying to think about a clever title.
Ole Miss Rebel raiders. We have the missing Confederate gold for you.
I am curious if they are doing like SMU, and giving salaries. Or if they are more like Auburn, and making the one-time parent payment.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Ole Miss...buying 5 star recruits and giving them 2 star coaching...
Yep. I wonder how long they'll be able to scrape by with 6-9 wins and all these 5 stars before their boosters get agitated and expect a better return on their investment. Unlike Gus, I think Freeze is in over his head (as much as I hate to give Gus or the barn credit).

megalurch69

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Really?

83% of 247 is predicting him as a Bama commit.
Yes he was going to attend the ceremony but not now. Said that recruiting is fluid and people change their minds and he believes that he now picks Ole Miss now. Its really odd whats going on. I always thought CJ was a lock even when Hootie decommited but now we probably lose both. Strange to say the least

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011

Somebody needs to turn them in if this Hampton/Hootie to Ole Miss becomes a reality. One commits to Bama, then de-commits and the other one is on the verge of committing to Bama and also ends up at Ole Miss? Their is no reason except some sort of hefty pay-off. This just might be the straw that broke the camel's back. Alabama should notify the NCAA and let Ole Miss know who is doing it. I cannot imagine Saban just letting this go if this actually happens.

The Ole Miss spin will be that the 2 are friends and simply want to play together. Then why not in Tuscaloosa then? Ole Miss finds a personal connection w/ certain players and then exploits it to the hilt. Anyone have the e-mail address the NCAA?

megalurch69

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Now Bone is saying that Alabama has let CJ know how important he is to the class. CJ is torn between the two schools and it is coming down to the wire. Bone said he don't want to change his prediction back to Bama this late but the coaches have definitely made this really really close. Hopefully CJ rolls with the tide

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Now Bone is saying that Alabama has let CJ know how important he is to the class. CJ is torn between the two schools and it is coming down to the wire. Bone said he don't want to change his prediction back to Bama this late but the coaches have definitely made this really really close. Hopefully CJ rolls with the tide
If he's that undecided, he should take a few more days so he can be confident in his decision. He should have it figured out by now, he knew when he was announcing.

megalurch69

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Things are getting interesting. I believe he picks Bama. Coaches have been talking to CJ all day and gave them positive vibes.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

Why would a DB commit to Ole Sis? Bama is a pipeline to the pros. At Ole Miss, he won't get a 2nd look from the scouts.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

He said he made the decision last night. Said he wanted to play for his state and show other guys they can stay in-state and do well.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Well I hope he enjoyed his attention grabbing moment.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

Maybe he will change his mind before signing day. If not , maybe he will enjoy a trip or to to the Liberty Bowl.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Hard not to knock this kid. He is a head case, at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.