Question: "find the money=suspension, but not until then" Why is media not challanging NCAA?

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Re: "find the money=suspension, but not until then" Why is media not challanging NCA

Some differences though.

Among them, this is breaking before the season starts as opposed to in the middle of an undefeated season. TAMU is bigger than Manziel and ultimately have to do what's in the best interest of them. So, it wouldn't shock me if they sit him until the investigation wraps up (and I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if it wrapped up around 9/11/13 or so). While they're a much better team with him, they can win a lot of games without him. Can't say the same for that other team you alluded to.
PF made the same point yesterday. He noted, of course, that in both cases Mike Slive was working to help the school ni question.

Re: "find the money=suspension, but not until then" Why is media not challanging NCA

Some differences though.

Among them, this is breaking before the season starts as opposed to in the middle of an undefeated season. TAMU is bigger than Manziel and ultimately have to do what's in the best interest of them. So, it wouldn't shock me if they sit him until the investigation wraps up (and I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if it wrapped up around 9/11/13 or so). While they're a much better team with him, they can win a lot of games without him. Can't say the same for that other team you alluded to.
I still think they roll the dice anyway. He'll get suspended and they'll move on anyway.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

Some differences though.

Bigger difference is that there is no vague loophole for Manziel to hide behind. It remains to be seen if Slive is going to pull strings like he did for Cam.

bamaman2988

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 7, 2009
Eufaula, Al

It is really simple, the NCAA has become just as corrupt as the US government. The NCAA targets and punishes who it pleases, just like our good old government. But as a bama fan, I would like to see JF play against us, because I want there to be no excuses when we put the beat down on A&M. After that, they can suspend or ban JF from college football, I really don't care. But as we all know, that will never happen because he is a big money draw.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.