Tennessee Gets a New Uniform

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
In football Heaven, Coach Bryant is rolling on the floor laughing while Bob Neyland is crying in the corner.

I'll excuse Oregon's uniforms because they are whores for Nike, but Tennessee should know better than to bring these out.

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008
They must have really liked the look of South Carolina's one-game uniforms last year and felt intimidated.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
Oh please please please wear these against Bama this year.
Unfortunately Tennessee will be the visiting team and will be wearing white.

I don't think it looks that bad. The orange and grey go fairly well together. What I would be upset with if I was a UT fan is the fact they're doing it at all. Why mess with a traditional uniform? I suppose it's better than when they wore black uniforms. Yech.

My guess is they break these out for Georgia or South Carolina. Those are their only marquee home games.

Maybe they wear them at Oregon since Oregon is funky about uniforms. Both teams going color happens in the Peach Bowl every now and then - AU/UVA and UT/NCSU.

Last edited:

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Unfortunately Tennessee will be the visiting team and will be wearing white.

I don't think it looks that bad. The orange and grey go fairly well together. What I would be upset with if I was a UT fan is the fact they're doing it at all. Why mess with a traditional uniform? I suppose it's better than when they wore black uniforms. Yech.

My guess is they break these out for Georgia or South Carolina. Those are their only marquee home games.

Maybe they wear them at Oregon since Oregon is funky about uniforms. Both teams going color happens in the Peace Bowl every now and then.
To be fair, I believe their black uniform was on Halloween, so I give them some slack.

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
Unless those gray jerseys make the Vols better at the deffensive line of scrimmage and help them cover the deep middle in the secondary they're still going to be a seven loss team.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.