View Poll Results: What Bama player will finish highest in the Heisman voting this year?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • AJ McCarron

85 77.27%
  • T.J. Yeldon

20 18.18%
  • C.J. Mosley

1 0.91%
  • Amari Cooper

4 3.64%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Re: What Bama player will finish highest in the Heisman voting this year?

I'm going to say TJ this year. He drew enough attention to himself last year to catch the eye of the voters, yet not enough to set unrealistic expectations. I know we are deep at RB, but TJ is the only known commodity we have so I figure he gets the bulk of the reps. (by "known commodity" I am referring to the injury issues of Fowler and Hart, the lack of meaningful time for Drake, and the youth of the remainder of the backfield) I'm thinking that TJ will get around 60-65% of the teams carries this year, and will eclipse the 1500 yard mark. He also needs to have that Heisman moment under the lights, very similar to the LSU screen pass last year in Baton Rouge. If he does those two things, I think he will not only be in NYC, but also he will be top 2 in the voting.
    Formerly BamaBomber

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American mikes12's Avatar

The last few years, the Heisman winner was someone that wasn't on any preseason Heisman radars. I think Bradford was the last time a preseason favorite took it.

Anyway, for this question, I went with AJ.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I said AJ because I believe he is the Best player on the Best Team. I really like TJ but with the utmost respect, he is not Trent, not yet. He can be & may even be better just not there yet. Also, all this Deliverence Boy stuff, may push the voters to an older player this year.

But honestly with the power ESPN yields, they will chose the front runners, honey badger was not even the best player on LSU's defense, but he was there.

ESPN needs a story to attach to it, and AJ will need a signature big win, that means more than stats.

If Amari Cooper ran back kick offs & punts he would pass both AJ & TJ but Coach knows what he's doing.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Coach Saban loves AJ. It's clear. They have a special bond and relationship. However, I don't see CNS keeping AJ in the game to boost his stats to make sure he gets a personal award. Matter of fact, I see CNS taking AJ out as soon as he can just to get Blake and Alec more game time reps. Or he won't let AJ throw the ball much if the game is out of hand.

TJ is the leader at RB, but the stable is loaded. I'm not sure he'll get the necessary stats to get enough votes to get to NYC for similar reasons to AJ.

My answer to the question would be AJ solely on the fact he can QB a 11+ win team for three straight years. With good stats, the media will "honor" him by giving him the votes. Not saying he'll win it, but I feel the media will give him the career respect votes.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Regardless who it is, it seems our players don't really care about the award. I know TJ said he wants to be the best back ever at Bama, but to me that is just him wanting to be best he can be. I think the Sabanism is really ingrained into these players. Would I like for someone at Bama to win the award again, you bet, but I feel 1000x better when we win it all.
    ROLL TIDE!

[QUOTE=CrimsonChuck;2196489] When he wins his 3rd straight title, AJ's gotta win it right? I don't know if any other QB in NCAA history lead his team to three straight titles as a starter (correct me if I am wrong). At least in the modern era.
    Unfortunately, the Heisman is for the best player for that year. However, it would be hard to not think about what AJ accomplished when that 3rd straight title is won.

The biggest thing AJ has going for him to win is the two big games right off of the bat. Blow out Va Tech and beat the team that beat you last year ranked in the top 10, AJ will probably be at the top of the charts. And like polls, you tend not to drop unless you lose or someone comes out of nowhere with an amazing performance.

I dont see how they couldnt give it to AJ if he puts up solid numbers this year(which shouldnt be a problem), the kid has had a dream of a college career, has never brought on any kind of negative attention to himself, his family, his team, or university. I remember watching him play in h.s. thinking he was something special. When he commited, i told everyone i knew he would be the greatest QB Alabama has ever seen.

I'm like lots of the others...if Bama runs the table it goes to AJ hands down. The only way I could imagine a different Bama player finishing higher than AJ would be if Bama has a slightly off year and is out of contention for the title.

BamaNation First Team 3 tide tats's Avatar
    My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

Kellen Williams #63
    It is what it is