Poll: What Bama player will finish highest in the Heisman voting this year?

What Bama player will finish highest in the Heisman voting this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
That TJ vs AJ thread got me thinking. What Bama player will finish highest in the Heisman voting this year? Danny Sheridan has TJ ranked ahead of AJ as his best odds and I don't see it. When he wins his 3rd straight title, AJ's gotta win it right? I don't know if any other QB in NCAA history lead his team to three straight titles as a starter (correct me if I am wrong). At least in the modern era.

But regardless, I think that the AJ that we saw during the Notre Dame game was a preview for the AJ that we will see this year because it was the first time since midseason that he was healthy. I'll add CJ and Amari too because I'm sure they will get consideration as well.

And, of course, winning #16 is the most important thing. But it is fun to talk about.

Edit: I thought I put "other" in the poll, but I did not. If you feel it will be someone else, feel free to comment in this thread.

Last edited:

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
I think the biggest obstacle to AJ will be the success of other high profile players in the southeast. It has been shown that voters are very regional in who they vote for and I expect either TJ or Amari or possibly/hopefully both to have seasons worthy of some Heisman love and you have to think with all the hype, Clowney will garner some as well.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
McCarron will have us 13-0 at the time of the vote and win a career achievement award. Yeldon will be held back by split backfield duties, the fact he's only a sophomore, and the logic of "Tide easily replaced Coffee/Ingram/Richardson/Lacy but AJ is from another universe."

The only way I see Yeldon winning is if he has an astounding, historical, once in a lifetime year. That's how Tebow and Manziel won as underclassmen, and Ingram probably only won it because no Tide player ever had and there was no clear-cut best player.

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013
i think AJ has an edge because of the talking heads really liking him last year, defending his ability, however the heisman is awarded before the championship game so they won't know if he will have guided three teams to the championship (and get his 4th ring).

That TJ vs AJ thread got me thinking. What Bama player will finish highest in the Heisman voting this year? Danny Sheridan has TJ ranked ahead of AJ as his best odds and I don't see it. When he wins his 3rd straight title, AJ's gotta win it right? I don't know if any other QB in NCAA history lead his team to three straight titles as a starter (correct me if I am wrong). At least in the modern era.

But regardless, I think that the AJ that we saw during the Notre Dame game was a preview for the AJ that we will see this year because it was the first time since midseason that he was healthy. I'll add CJ and Amari too because I'm sure they will get consideration as well.

And, of course, winning #16 is the most important thing. But it is fun to talk about.

Edit: I thought I put "other" in the poll, but I did not. If you feel it will be someone else, feel free to comment in this thread.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
If we get by aTm and LSU, the Heisman goes to AJ, for outstanding and sustained leadership. If we drop a game, AJ won't be in New York but TJ, CJ or (he needs initials, but) Cooper might still get there.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Heisman winner Eddie George says that Yeldon has what it takes. It is crazy to think that we may have a top two from Bama, isn't it?
Therein lies the problem. They will cancel each other out. Same thing that happened to Trent in 2011 when stupid Honey Boo Boo was taking his votes. I still don't understand how Trent didn't win it that year. He was clearly the best player in the country.

Therein lies the problem. They will cancel each other out. Same thing that happened to Trent in 2011 when stupid Honey Boo Boo was taking his votes. I still don't understand how Trent didn't win it that year. He was clearly the best player in the country.
Yeah I know. I guess I am crazy. Trent didn't win it because of SEC fatigue. A factor that could work again with Alabama.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
I have said it before and I will say it again.

If Alabama is 13-0 and Ohio St is not, AJ will win.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
If Alabama is the only unbeaten team, AND there is no clear-cut dominant player, then AJ will win by default. Voters like to reward the leader of the best team in that scenario. He'll also get some votes based on career achievement, even though it's supposed to be a single-season award.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
I wanna see both AJ and TJ go to New York, has that ever happened before where two guys on the same team get invited?

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I'd go with A.J. with Amari possibly.
I think TJ is by far the best running back in America(truly do) but I also feel that with the incredible depth we have at running back that he'll have to split playing time too much to have Heisman type stats.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Trent Richardson - as much as I loved him - was not the best player in the country in 2011. I think the Heisman is an overrated trophy for the most part anyway (though they've gotten better) but here's the formula I use:

Take TR off 2011 Alabama - they still win the national championship. Only the LSU game was even close and since we lost the first one we cannot say Richardson was the difference.

Now take RG3 off of Baylor - they got from 8-3 to 4-7 or worse. Thus, it's RG3 as the winner.

I do, however, agree with you regarding the overrated Honey Badger.

And also the idiots who voted for Ndamukong Suh in 2011 based solely on one game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.