What Do Y'all Think About The New Sports Network Fox Sports 1

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I hope they can give ESPN a run for their money, I'm glad to see another Sports Network, that's got the resources to give us "Sport Fanatics", another channel of college football games..It's impossible to have to many college games to chose from to watch on TV..I watched some of the shows that debuted today, and have to admit, I thought they were really well put together in a professional manner..

It never gets old watching Erin Andrews & the other beautiful Lady Broadcasters they have on Fox Sports 1..Only personality I didn't care for at all was Clay Travis, other than that, I was impressed & think they'll eventually give ESPN a run for their money..

Here's The Link To The Fox Sports 1 Web Site...................CLICK ME

Here's A Link To Fox Sport 1 College Football Schedule.....CLICK ME

Here's The Video Of Their Weekend Debut For Fox Sport 1

Last edited:

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
I'll give it a chance. ESPN has been stale for years. I will miss FoxSoccer, which was a great network for footie fans. Plus, we'll get to see more of Erin Andrews.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I'll give it a chance. ESPN has been stale for years. I will miss FoxSoccer, which was a great network for footie fans. Plus, we'll get to see more of Erin Andrews.
There's also Fox Sports 2, just saw thought we picked it up as well with our Cable Provider, I saw them advertising soccer games on both networks, so maybe there won't be much of a dropoff for y'all soccer fans..

TbirdSpur2010

Aug 1, 2013
I'm in "wait and see" mode. I'm not given to the all-out vitriol or even strong dislike that most seem to have for ESPN, but that's just me. It's kind of whatever.

FS1 looks legit, though.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
It is good to see ESPN have some serious competition. The only gripe I have is the same I already had with FoxSports: Their web site is part of the MicroSoft Network, which means it takes forever to load on my computer and scrolling is with a jerky motion. Happily, I don't have to go to their web site, just watch the T.V.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
As long as they broadcast as much Soccer as I was used to on FSS, but in better clarity ( FSS was not available in HD on our provider) I am for it. I'm not one of the ESPN haters, as I still enjoy them quite a bit...I do miss Erin Andrews though, and not just for her looks... :tongue:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Im a big UFC fan, so it was nice to see a free UFC event on FS1 first day. Love the UFC, but do not like paying $55 for the PPV's. Hopefully they will continue to have more free events in the future. I don't think FS1 will surpass ESPN, but it is nice to have another choice now.

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
I like the fact that they will be covering the Moto GP race live from Indy today instead of on tape delay like Speed would have done it. As for their other sports coverage, I'm willing to give them a chance, as long we don't have to see or hear Clay Travis very often.

GA_Tide

1st Team
Aug 24, 2006
Canton, Ga
Watched their sports highlight show this morning. It was pretty good, but I will probably stick with SportsCenter. I DVR it early each morning so I can watch it when I get up. The crawl on the left with upcoming stories is awesome. I fast forward to only the parts I care about and watch the whole thing in 15 minutes.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I live in the Gadsden area and have comcast cable. Anybody know what channel it would be on here?
Same question but I'm in Shelby County with Charter Cable.

I've never understood the hatred for ESPN. They show sports, I watch them. If the game doesn't interest me, I don't. Same deal with Fox Sports1 or any other network.

RollTide-YNWA

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 27, 2009
Dothan
Not to get off-topic from the op, but check out NBCSports (you can watch it online as well). They and NBC are showing all the EPL fixtures for the entire season. Only half a weekend in the books so far, but it has been great from what I've seen.

Just between you and me, though, don't let Brett see this post. He may think less of us "soccer fans."

Oh, and Roll Tide!

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I know it will take them some time. But, today's lineup is motorcycle racing, LeMans racing, some UFC.....

I won't be watching until the programming quality improves to my likes and tastes

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
It is worth noting that both NBC SN and FOX1 moved from the 600's on Direct TV to 219 and 220 respectively. This shows they are willing to shell out the dough to get a prime location (next to ESPN) which CBS SN is not willing to do. I read once that the lower (better) channellocations were sold to the hightest bidder. I assume this is still true.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I liked the few talk shows I watched, there college football preview show and Fox Sports Live (there "SportsCenter"). I'll continue to give it a shot but nothing is going to beat Gameday on ESPN.

The sports programming they have scheduled right now is not to my liking so, I hope that gets better. I'm not a racing fan and I don't even consider UFC a sports. I hated that they had a UFC clip in there top ten on Fox Sports Live. Kicking someone in the head and then beating there face in should never be the #1 play of the day. It made there top ten a joke IMO. I hate the UFC and I love it that ESPN doesn't do much with it. FS1 will never be my go to sports channel if they continue to pump the UFC sunshine.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.