Looks like Eddie lacey will be starting this year for the Packers in a 1-2 punch

13timechamps

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 10, 2011
Ohatchee, Al.

Will Green Bay trade one of its RBs?

Aug 21
8:42
AM ET

By Brent Sobleski | ESPN.com

Both Alex Green and James Starks have been mentioned as trade possibilities. The Green Bay Packers have plenty of talent at running back after the acquisitions of Eddie Lacy and Johnathan Franklin in this year's NFL draft. Green or Starks will either be traded or not make the roster this season.

Possible trade talk hasn't picked up as of late for either of the running backs.

"I don't know how that's going to play out," Green Bay running backs coach Alex Van Pelt told Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "They've both had success at times in the league."

Teams such as the Cleveland Browns and the New York Jets have suffered injuries at running back. Both could be potential trade partners for Green Bay.

Both running backs continue to tumble down the Packers' depth chart which makes their future in Green Bay cloudy:

Rob Demovsky
Green Bay's RB rotation
"It’s starting to look more and more like DuJuan Harris and Eddie Lacy will be a one-two punch in the running game. For the second consecutive day, they took the first two reps of each team period with the starters, followed by rookie Franklin and then veterans Alex Green and James Starks."​

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Eddie put on a show Saturday night in the preseason game. He had 40 yards on 8 carries. He bounced a long run outside that didn't count on the stats because of a holding call. He also caught a pass for a big gain where he ran over a guy for 1st down. On one play he was met in the backfield as soon the ball was snapped and did the patented spin move and juked the dude out of his shoes. He looked really good!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Eddie put on a show Saturday night in the preseason game. He had 40 yards on 8 carries. He bounced a long run outside that didn't count on the stats because of a holding call. He also caught a pass for a big gain where he ran over a guy for 1st down. On one play he was met in the backfield as soon the ball was snapped and did the patented spin move and juked the dude out of his shoes. He looked really good!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I gumped my first two picks....Julio and Lacy. You read that right....I took Eddie waaaaay too early, but I don't care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Julio was my first pick as well. I had planned on taking Trent with my second but my friend's cousin picked him before me. I picked up Eddie on my 5th pick

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.