Elderly WWII vet beaten to death by two black punks

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I think the fact that you feel the need to point out the race of the people in the title highlights the sad state of things today. Punks come in all races and colors. You know one of the kids arrested for the Chris Lane shooting was white right?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think the fact that you feel the need to point out the race of the people in the title highlights the sad state of things today. Punks come in all races and colors. You know one of the kids arrested for the Chris Lane shooting was white right?
Didn't you know that Obama started a race war?

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Race is obviously in play more and more. We might as well invoke in every situation when it's applicable. The black community invokes it every chance they get. As for the so-called "white" kid involved in the shooting, he was, at best mixed. I don't know of any "white" kids in the Crips.

http://wizbangblog.com/2013/08/21/shock-killing-in-oklahoma-has-ugly-racial-overtones/

Last edited:

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Didn't you know that Obama started a race war?
Apparently.

FYI I'm white, but sometimes I'm just embarrassed that I'm from the South.

Race is obviously in play more and more. We might as well invoke in every situation when it's applicable. The black community invokes it every chance they get. As for the so-called "white" kid involved in the shooting, he was, at best mixed. I don't know of any "white" kids in the Crips.

http://wizbangblog.com/2013/08/21/shock-killing-in-oklahoma-has-ugly-racial-overtones/
One of the kids was still white. I don't care what blog you link. FYI you still seem to be lumping large parts of the black community together. Maybe WMack can help out with this, but i get the feeling that large parts of the black community are getting tired of people playing the race card all the time.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Apparently.

One of the kids was still white. I don't care what blog you link. FYI you still seem to be lumping large parts of the black community together. Maybe WMack can help out with this, but i get the feeling that large parts of the black community are getting tired of people playing the race card all the time.
Then large parts of the black community need to stand up and say something. Otherwise, silence equals complacency or worse, acceptance.

Apparently.

And I would be one of them!

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I'm not sure how that's relevant, as white people are not seen specifically decrying white crime.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-43

Statistical outliers do not make for substantial arguments.
But what it doesn't show is race based crime...a crime that is much more prevalent black on white than it is white on black but is eerily suppressed by the main stream media. I guess that sleeping giant is awakening.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
But what it doesn't show is race based crime...a crime that is much more prevalent black on white than it is white on black but is eerily suppressed by the main stream media. I guess that sleeping giant is awakening.
Interesting statement. Is this just a personal belief, or do you have some statistical evidence to support the claim?

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
72% of the US pop in the 2010 census was white. 13% reported as black. Don't you think mathematically chances are there will be far more black on white crime than white on black crime? I would think overall the largest percentage of crime victims would be white just due to the percentages.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
From the news story.
Spokane police are looking for two male suspects in the attack. They said the suspects are African Americans between 16 and 19 years old. One suspect was described as heavy set and wearing all black clothing. The other was described as being about 6 feet tall and 150 pounds. There was no description of what clothing the second suspect was wearing other than a silk do-rag.
Police investigating the deadly attack on Belton have also obtained surveillance footage from the scene. Click this link to see still images of the two suspects in the attack.
I love the fact that there is outrage on pointing out the race of the suspects and shame from being from the south in some of the responses here.

Why can't the race be pointed out? Does it hurt some feelings? It's part of the story and doesn't go away by ignoring it.

How is this any less horrific than the black man being dragged to death a few years ago by the white guys? I was appalled by it but understood it (race) needed to be pointed out. It did not make me ashamed of where I live because this sort of thing can happen anywhere. I just don't get it.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
From the news story.

I love the fact that there is outrage on pointing out the race of the suspects and shame from being from the south in some of the responses here.

Why can't the race be pointed out? Does it hurt some feelings? It's part of the story and doesn't go away by ignoring it.

How is this any less horrific than the black man being dragged to death a few years ago by the white guys? I was appalled by it but understood it (race) needed to be pointed out. It did not make me ashamed of where I live because this sort of thing can happen anywhere. I just don't get it.
Like many, I was horrified by the dragging death in east Texas. It was a disgusting, cowardly act.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Then large parts of the black community need to stand up and say something. Otherwise, silence equals complacency or worse, acceptance.
Nah...we'd rather just go on about our business being productive members of society. People basing their thoughts on an entire group of people from a vocal minority sounds more like their problem than mine.

That same "main stream media" that many people are so upset with for pushing the "liberal" agenda is the same one that Black people, for years, have thought to be in on a deliberate conspiracy of finding those who least represents the community and placing them in front of a camera. This way, people who've never seen us in person will have the perception of Black people as a whole as the clown in front of the camera talking about a leprechaun in a tree or the arrogant, self-absorbed "leader" rather than the Senior Partner of the Investment Firm or the Astrophysicist.

So no..it's not our jobs to yell and say look at us. That would make us no better than the idiots that do. Besides, somebody has to keep this country going. While we're still bickering over stuff that should've been resolved a few decades ago, the rest of the world is passing us by.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.