If AJ goes down, where do we stand?

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
There's too much talent and championship coaching in the Alabama football program to have a "crap" season if AJ goes down.

Would I expect another national title? Not realistically but I would expect to still be in the top five at seasons end. And yes, a lot would depend on timing but I have no doubt this Bama staff ALWAYS has a backup plan. And platooning the QB position wouldn't be beyond my belief.

We're all getting a bit spoiled these days with all this success. I'm planning on another spectacular season. I may get disappointed somewhere along the way, just like last year, by I'll hang with 'em as always.

RTR!!!

U of A

3rd Team
Oct 16, 2011
Nashville TN 37211
If I won a million bucks tommorrow I'd probably be having an awesome time for quite a while, but I don't sit around wondering about "what if"....come on you guys he ain't hurt and us thinking about him possibly getting hurt is not good.

CDsdad

Scout Team
Nov 20, 2007
Wayne County, MS
I think we'd still make a run at the NC. The biggest challenge would probably be LSU and SECCG. It would be OK. The backups could manage the game and have playmaking potential. I mean, it's not like the backup QB is Uncle Rico or anything.

Bama2003

1st Team
Dec 8, 2002
Scottsboro, Alabama, United States
Losing AJ makes me sick to my stomach and it's the very last thing that I want to hear right now.
I have a lot of faith in God right now and I know that he will take good care of AJ and that he won't let anything happen to him!!!!!!!!

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
What happens if the nightmare happens and AJ goes down for the season?

Where would we stand as a team?

Obviously it hurts us, but how bad does it hurt us? Is he a 7, 10, or 14 points swing on the lines? We still have a ton of talent on both sides of the ball. An I think would still be favored in every game except (maybe) A&M if JFF plays.

I would still think that expectations would be National Title or bust, correct?
I try my best to be very respectful, unlike a lot of people on here I do not get much Bama news unless it comes across here.

With that said I seriously doubt you have any interest in Alabama Football, but do enjoy getting folks to react.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
So I guess all you non-believers think 2014 will just be a throw-away year, huh? After all. AJ will be gone and we'll be laboring with a 1st year starter at QB,one with little experience. Ypu know kinda like we did in 2009 and 2011.......Oh wait, we won NCs both of those years, didn't we? I'm obviously missing something, I mean, how did we do that?

Folks, if the unthinkble happened and we did lose AJ, we still have a full roster of immensely talented, well comditioned, extremely well coached, highly motivated players left to go for the 3-peat. And I bet they aren't about to concede that our season becomes "crap."

That's just not how Alabama built it's storied past.
I agree completely.

We've seen starters go down under Saban's time here, he always seems to have a more than adequate backup waiting. I don't see why the quarterback position would be any different, especially given it's importance to the team.

The starter gets the nod, but if they are playing at Bama you've got to know they're good. That's what coming in first in recruiting 5 or 6 years in a row will do for you.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.