If AJ goes down, where do we stand?

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
What happens if the nightmare happens and AJ goes down for the season?

Where would we stand as a team?

Obviously it hurts us, but how bad does it hurt us? Is he a 7, 10, or 14 points swing on the lines? We still have a ton of talent on both sides of the ball. An I think would still be favored in every game except (maybe) A&M if JFF plays.

I would still think that expectations would be National Title or bust, correct?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Obviously it hurts us, but how bad does it hurt us? Is he a 7, 10, or 14 points swing on the lines? We still have a ton of talent on both sides of the ball. An I think would still be favored in every game except (maybe) A&M if JFF plays.

I think it might present a new challenge for other teams. Speed is the key and CNS has made sure that IF he had to he could run the spread simply because of how he has recruited. It would limit our explosive plays IMO but I think the talent would still be very productive. That said I would not be near as optimistic with a backup doing an LSU game style drive with 1:45 and no timeouts.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Close to the edge..

As was my view on last season, our biggest key will be keeping #10 upright. Can't tell you how close I was to getting nervous during the Mizzou game when he twisted that knee

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
If Blake becomes our starting QB, our season will be crap, I'd hope one of the Pro Style QB's behind will step in & keep "The Process" rolling along..JMHO

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If Blake becomes our starting QB, our season will be crap, I'd hope one of the Pro Style QB's behind will step in & keep "The Process" rolling along..JMHO
Crap? Really? Do we lose a game or two? Yes depending on AJ's injury. With our defense and skill players on offense, Bama would still be 9-3 or 10-2 if AJ goes down. By no means is that "crap."

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

I'm gonna follow your example and check all the boxes.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
From the upset poll thread:

Tide96 has to be joking right?!

Clemson over Georgia

After the Boise State debacle, I just don't feel good about them.
He's just a troll. He picks every option every week (he did it last year too).
Tom, as was mentioned by another poster, the guy who picked VT picked every game as an upset, even chose the one that said "no upsets". Did the same thing every week last season. Ought to tell you something...
What say you, Tide96?

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
By crap you mean that we don't win it all or we become like A&M if JM goes down. I believe we are still in the hunt.
If Johnny goes down, TAMU won't be all that bad. He got his knee hurt in a game last season and had to miss a few series, and aside from all the cameras being on him on the sideline, you wouldn't have noticed. That little backup kept the offense humming along. And they didn't handcuff the play calling either. Kept moving right along. He's definitely an important part of their team but they're solid without him

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
Best case, 14-0 and a national championship with more spread and speed sweeps in the offensive scheme with Blake.

Worst case, 11-2 and the Cap One Bowl, where we'd humiliate (yet again) a Big-10 team.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Next man up. Sure it would hurt, but AJ would be on the sidelines trying to help Blake any way he could. Blake wouldn't be #2 if CNS had doubts about his ability to lead the team. I would expect every guy on the team to step it up a notch.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

What do you mean by we? Are you French or do you have a mouse in your pocket? We're you not the one who predicted us to get upset by VA Tech in the opener? :rolleyes:

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
Timing? If we were past A&M already we might run the table still. I do not think Blake would be next man up but I sure as hell bet he would see plenty of in game reps.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
We win it all and then stand there on the podium celebrating the three-peat and sing, "What Was That You Saying About Colt McCoy?"

Btw - while I certainly do NOT want to try and do this without AJ, if there is anybody who can do it then it is Coach Saban. Keep in mind he won an SEC title with a thin LSU roster and splitting time in the SEC title game between Rohan Davey and Matt Mauck. He won a national title with Mauck. For Pete's sake, he recruited JaMarcus Russell, who won a national title (even if Saban wasn't there).

Look at the overall improvement of JP Wilson from Shula's last year to Saban's second - that CAN be done.

califbamafan

1st Team
Nov 7, 2005
Rialto, Calif
we might be okay if Morris continue's to develope. I think we might go to a 2 qb situation to try and keep teams off balance. I just hope we don't have to find out.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama

Guess I have a lot more faith in Coach Saban, his staff and all that talent they've amassed thr past 7 years than you do.

Alabama 2013 is not a one man team, far from it. Losing AJ would hurt more than losing anyone else, but it wouldn't be a season killer. Whoever comes behind him, Sims included would be coached up to maximize their talents to the utmost and I'd still like our chances against ANYONE.

A well coached and focused team with all the talent we have would still be a helluva hill to climb.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.