Rcruiting Prospects Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Better remember it is on a TAPE DELAY, wont come on until 10pm Central. The live feed will be on ESPN3. I think Hoover has a shot with their DB's but who knows. I honestly think it will be a toss up.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Better remember it is on a TAPE DELAY, wont come on until 10pm Central. The live feed will be on ESPN3. I think Hoover has a shot with their DB's but who knows. I honestly think it will be a toss up.
I think it will be a toss up also. Hoover will be Hoover and in an article I read Propst teams have gone to the state semi's the last two years and they are in a powerhouse region with Valdosta and other similar teams.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Hoover is going to win this one, they are up 24-10 with less than 1:30 left in the game.

Georgia who? I still say Alabama high school football is severely underrated. We proved it with Rush (oddly enough) when they put it to a Tebow led Nease team a few years ago.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't think it means that, I think WKU minor upset of Kentucky is giving Elam second thoughts about the Wildcats.
The way I took it. This business about the NFL will find you, no matter where you play, is really BS. For every kid who gets picked out of UNA, AL St., and AL A&M, there are ten with talent who get overlooked, because visibility and coaching still count for something. In fact, I think there're several who've been drafted who came through the Saban regime whom I don't think would have been, had they played at KU...

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The way I took it. This business about the NFL will find you, no matter where you play, is really BS. For every kid who gets picked out of UNA, AL St., and AL A&M, there are ten with talent who get overlooked, because visibility and coaching still count for something. In fact, I think there're several who've been drafted who came through the Saban regime whom I don't think would have been, had they played at KU...
There are numbers that back this up. I saw something that said for instance that Vanderbilt had the best ratio of blue chippers to NFL players or something along those lines.

That was classic manipulation of data though. If you count high ranking prospects against a program, and then count anyone that's drafted high or what ever as being a positive, the ones that look the best are the ones that rarely get high ranking prospects but had a few turn out to be top NFL prospects.

When you put things into proper perspective, and look at Alabama compared to other programs that recruit well, Alabama does a wonderful job of getting these guys ready for the NFL. An article I read today said that 80% of the Alabama players on NFL rosters arrived within the past 5 years. This was in the context that Alabama didn't have the most guys in the NFL (yet), but it's no coincidence that LSU has the most currently. Anyway, if you start for Alabama, you are practically guaranteed a shot in the NFL. How many places can say that?

Caron Tinker has a contract. Arenas almost quit football, and was a special teams guy, and he has an NFL career. The fact is that Alabama and Saban does the work for these NFL teams. If you are good enough to play for Alabama, that means something. Who would you rather draft if you are uncertain? A starter at Alabama or a starter at Kentucky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.