Texas A & M in comparison to Auburn

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Re: Texas A & M....

It is ironic that Texas in the old SWC played the "Red River Shoot-Out" rivalry game every year with Oklahoma when they were a Big Eight school, but now when TAMU is no longer in the same conference with Texas the traditional season ending rivalry simply cannot continue.
I think the problem was that when A&M and Missouri left, the Big XII schedule went from eight to nine games and simply didn't have room on their non-conference schedule for another game. I suppose they could have bought out some of their OOC games, but that could get expensive quickly. Besides, why give the "traitors" any extra publicity in state? If the Barn got fed up with us and joined the ACC, would you be mad if we dropped them?

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

Ok I will just say this I don't now & never have liked the Aggies, but hey they come into the SEC, and I shut up & live with it.

Now when they Hire Franklin, Lightfoot & White that does it for me. I had rather see the
Mouthy LSU posters than these hypocrites.

ROLL TIDE!

jagvocate

Scout Team
Jun 14, 2010

Ok I will just say this I don't now & never have liked the Aggies, but hey they come into the SEC, and I shut up & live with it.

Now when they Hire Franklin, Lightfoot & White that does it for me. I had rather see the
Mouthy LSU posters than these hypocrites.

ROLL TIDE!
Is it ironic that A&M's lawyer from Franklin, Lightfoot & White serves as Associate Dean for Students/Academic Services at the University of Alabama School of Law?

Thank you for the skilled legal counsel--;)

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX

Is it ironic that A&M's lawyer from Franklin, Lightfoot & White serves as Associate Dean for Students/Academic Services at the University of Alabama School of Law?

Reading is fundamental. His bio states his wife, Jenelle Mims Marsh, is the Associate Dean for Students/Academic Services at the University of Alabama School of Law.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

You mixed up the guy repping you and his wife.

Btw - did you note the dates he was in our office?

Think about the dates 1996-2003.

We got popped with sanctions in 1999 and 2002.

Hmmmmm........

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

It's not really a fair comparison...
It's like comparing out-houses to out-houses... ;)
Difference is that TAMU's have Mink seats, and alumni don't think theirs stink.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

I followed the link, I'm flabbergasted...Does Gene Marsh really work at the law firm that helped Auburn skate? It sure looks like he does.

I thought Gene talked Alabama into bending over for the NCAA, how did auburn decide to go the opposite way with the same lawyer?

I guess it's a fairly unimportant issue now, but gee whiz.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

I think the problem was that when A&M and Missouri left, the Big XII schedule went from eight to nine games and simply didn't have room on their non-conference schedule for another game. I suppose they could have bought out some of their OOC games, but that could get expensive quickly. Besides, why give the "traitors" any extra publicity in state? If the Barn got fed up with us and joined the ACC, would you be mad if we dropped them?
wasn't the game already scheduled as a conference game?

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

1) Nobody will go on the record. Well guess what? All it takes is a little money and a reminder of how miserable one's life can be made if you talk. Should I point out the refusal to talk itself constitutes as much evidence against him? If the answer is no then why not shout it from the housetops? It's the same as when an accused murderer doesn't take the stand - it might be legal and a prosecutor is not allow to infer from it - but common sense tells you a person falsely accused of first-degree murder who is innocent will proclaim that from the chair. (Using such logic, Barry Bonds did not do steroids).

2) JF is not Cal Ripken. Does anyone REALLY think he signed a mountain of stuff for free?

3) When someone is saying "well, there is no evidence" in a case like this, what it means is "we know he did it but we're crossing our fingers that no evidence comes up in the future." It's just like the TEN players from Auburn saying they were paid. One might have an axe to grind, maybe even two. But when ten all say it unprovoked you KNOW it happened whether you can prove it or not.

4) We at Alabama have another reason to be suspicious: suppose aTm beats us and it comes out right after the game that there is a camera showing the money transaction. Who do you think everyone is going to blame for it? We will get more negative press than JF will at that juncture.

I will refrain from simply tossing out the Aggies as Auburn until I see more.

...I want to beat them WITH Johnny Football playing, not with him sitting for ANY reason.

If they beat us with him, so be it, and if so, then we're not as good as we thought we were.

...but I sure want to have the opportunity to watch us pay him back for last season personally.

JMO.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Coming from a Baylor bear fan, I take that as a compliment.
You know I was supportive of Texas A&M, but your chancellor is making Texas A&M look like idiots, and as importantly people who really don't care about the rules. It's easy to be defensive with some of this stuff, and say "well that's some fans", but when it's the chancellor? I feel bad for guys like you, but... there's just no defending what's going on right now.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I cant believe everyone is really surprised by the stance being taken by A&M and the Manziels. Seriously, A&M was a former member of the SWC. Can we seriously believe that conference failed because all of their conference brethren were rampantly cheating while A&M was steadfastly holding onto its Honor Code. The SWC was so dysfunctional that everybody in that region had backstabbed everyone so much they were all sick of one another. Now, the Big 12 is dysfunctional as well.

Personally, arrogance and bravado are not in short support supply in Texas no matter whether you are a Longhorn, Aggie, Bear, Horned Frog, Mustang, or Red Raider.

Honestly, back in the day, I actually think the SEC office would have likely sat JFF in such a circumstance or it would have been quietly handled. However, pandora's box has been officially blown wide open because Slive, himself, has become drunk with the conference's streak that he has no desire to step in for the integrity of the sport.

All of it, the PSU affair, the impotence of the NCAA, turning a blind-eye to the Cam and JFF fiascos are all having a major impact on the sport we all love that cant truly be calculated right now. Its all pretty sickening to me. Sure you can start a new form of the NCAA and improve somethings but how would you prevent these type scenarios? Sure you can allow some form of compensation but that is not going to prevent folks from trying to way over the speed limit. How would a new institution curtail behavior that will likely continue?

MightyWingman

1st Team
Jun 9, 2010
Houston, TX
You know I was supportive of Texas A&M, but your chancellor is making Texas A&M look like idiots, and as importantly people who really don't care about the rules. It's easy to be defensive with some of this stuff, and say "well that's some fans", but when it's the chancellor? I feel bad for guys like you, but... there's just no defending what's going on right now.
I openly stated weeks ago that I thought and still think Manziel broke rules and should be held accountable for them. I also think Sharp should of kept his mouth shut. I've never liked the man or his politics, so I don't really see how he's making Texas A&M look like idiots. Having said that, you mentioned rules...yes, let's talk about rules. Also, I read that you said that A&M was making the SEC look bad? I think you did and that might be the case, but the SEC looks bad on it's own. Perhaps you didn't read this (it only came out yesterday and I'll supply a couple of paragraphs and a link to it).

"Recruiting is a huge focus in the book, ranging from the rise of 7-on-7 teams, the task of NCAA investigators trying to control things and even a chapter on the pursuit of Sealy (Texas) High School star Ricky Seals-Jones.

Seals-Jones, once a Texas commit who wound up signing with Texas A&M last February, and his family open themselves up to the entire process. The juiciest part is an alleged offer to the Jones family from a "top-20 program" – not A&M – for the following: $300,000 in cash, use of a luxury suite during football season, eight season tickets and $1,000 per month for Ricky and $500 for the family.
"Oh, it was higher than that," Chester Jones, Ricky's dad said. "It was a lot higher than that." Chester Jones said the offers grew as high as $600,000 for his son's signature on a national letter of intent – one SEC school and one ACC school said they'd double any offer – but he declined them all out of principle and the fear of inevitably getting caught."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf-...lege-football-s-inner-workings-202143287.html

Did Manziel break rules? He probably did. What about the SEC and ACC schools that aren't named there in the link I provided? Unfortunately, as long as there are any sorts of competition (sporting events) there will be some form of cheating going on.

(I forgot to add, when the SEC invited A&M they knew that we've been caught cheating in the past *7 major infractions*, so did A&M make the SEC look bad or just worse?)

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Did Manziel break rules? He probably did. What about the SEC and ACC schools that aren't named there in the link I provided? Unfortunately, as long as there are any sorts of competition (sporting events) there will be some form of cheating going on.
We all know Ole Miss is buying recruits like crazy. A quick look at the offer list for Seals-Jones reveals Auburn, LSU, and Ole Miss as the SEC schools that offered him (it makes it sound like they'd have to be talking about LSU though).

I have publicly and repeatedly called out both Ole Miss and Auburn. We know how they act, we know what to expect from them. I just didn't expect it from A&M...

Oh, and there's no probably about it. His own parents knew what type of stuff he'd be up to, even saying they bought him the Benz so he wouldn't do something stupid to get it. Instead he did something stupid to get the rims... you know there's no probably.

Anyway, if you want to get down to my personal feelings... I was hoping A&M was above Auburn and Ole Miss... I want the situation cleaned up if possible. I didn't want Auburn to get away with paying Cam, I could see that it led to Ole Miss blatantly buying recruits, and I want that stopped as well. But, what A&M is doing is front and center right now, and it is adding to the notion that the SEC breaks the rules, and cheats to win.

MightyWingman

1st Team
Jun 9, 2010
Houston, TX
Oh, and there's no probably about it. His own parents knew what type of stuff he'd be up to, even saying they bought him the Benz so he wouldn't do something stupid to get it. Instead he did something stupid to get the rims... you know there's no probably.
Anybody can take a guess about what happened with the money or just make things up and state it as fact, but he didn't buy new rims for his Mercedes AMG C63, he still has the stock rims on it. Not looking for an argument, just stating what I'm sure of. If you'd like pictures of his car, I'm sure I can get my cousin to take pictures of it. I said probably because do you know that he took cash? I don't, he very well could of just gotten a promise for the cash to be paid at a later date (still breaking the rules).

p.s. Krazy, clean out your PM box haha

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.