Gray Shirt Question

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Does somebody know how many players we've gray-shirted each of the last couple yrs, and who are currently set to do so this yr? Just curious. I thought of Bradley Bozeman but he was the only one that I could think of and I thought had had been cleared to go ahead and enroll with the rest of his class--unless i'm mistaken.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Does somebody know how many players we've gray-shirted each of the last couple yrs, and who are currently set to do so this yr? Just curious. I thought of Bradley Bozeman but he was the only one that I could think of and I thought had had been cleared to go ahead and enroll with the rest of his class--unless i'm mistaken.
Almost all of our "greyshirt" offers in the past have made it in "on time" due to the fact that we have attrition.

The new SEC rule only allowing 25 signees (regardless of academics) makes a greyshirt more final. The only reason Bozeman made it in was because Paige was declared medically unable to perform and apparently that is "ok" under the new SEC rules.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Remember any player that grayshirts does not count against a class even if he signs. The NCAA new rule states if a player signs a NLI and is grayshirted the NLI becomes void. Bozeman could have signed with another program instead of waiting to enroll at UA next Jan.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.