Alabama releases 2013 two-deep depth chart

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I posted pictures of the handed out depth chart in the press conference thread. Here's the link.

As I mentioned in the PC thread, there's clearly something up with Kenyan Drake. He's not listed and Saban didn't mention him during the PC.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm really surprised about Drake - don't know what to think about it but I hope it works out for the best.
I am suprised abou that. That is why I mentioned in the other threads that Dee hart to move up as potential no.2 must have been something somewhat suprise because of Drake. It may be nothing and he could see the field time, just remember Saban dont' believe in Depth chart.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I posted pictures of the handed out depth chart in the press conference thread. Here's the link.

As I mentioned in the PC thread, there's clearly something up with Kenyan Drake. He's not listed and Saban didn't mention him during the PC.
It looks like Drake has fallen off the list but it had to happen to somebody, we're just too deep at RB. The other positions played out as we've been led to believe although it looks like some of the up-and-comers are still considered two's. My guess is they'll play as much or more than the starters.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Top five names I am happy to see in the two deep...

#1 Reuben Foster
#2 Ashawn Robinson
#3 OJ Howard
#4 Chris Black
#5 the trio of Hart\Henry\Tenpenny

I wonder if Drake is in the dog house, or he has just been passed by...

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Really Really odd that Drake isn't listed at all. He scrimmaged well and had nice playing time last year. He's got to be injured or in the doghouse for something. I fully expected it to be Yeldon, Drake, Henry, Hart, Tenpenny. Strange.

rhm54

1st Team
Nov 30, 2006
This is one very crazy awesome depth chart! I am very surprised by Drakes meteoric fall I really though he could be a feature back.

The one position that we appear to be short at is CB, even with Geno back we are thin. Praying for no injuries.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

#1 Reuben Foster
#2 Ashawn Robinson
#3 OJ Howard
#4 Chris Black

I would add Robert Foster to that list too. Pretty impressive he can come in that late and still make the two deep!

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
We have 3 very good CBs counting Smith when back and adding cyrus who has lots of potential makes 4 and thats 3 more than most teams so that's pretty deep to me.

I thought A. Robinson was going to play NT?

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I would add Robert Foster to that list too. Pretty impressive he can come in that late and still make the two deep!
The only reason I DIDN'T put him on there is that two deep at WR can be deceiving... He made the two deep at the Z position, but if you broke down the depth chart in order (just top to bottom) he may still be buried (just because of depth...) There is no doubt he'll see the field this year, but it may just be mop up...

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Really Really odd that Drake isn't listed at all. He scrimmaged well and had nice playing time last year. He's got to be injured or in the doghouse for something. I fully expected it to be Yeldon, Drake, Henry, Hart, Tenpenny. Strange.
I thought it was a foregone conclusion once he was spotted running with the scout team last week.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
So who is the real 2 deep QB and not the mop up?
Blake is the #2 QB and will be given the reigns if something happens to AJ. He has a much better grasp of the normal playbook this year.

Morris seems to have survived as the #3 after a threat from Del Rio.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
DEFENSE

DE
49 - Ed Stinson
86 A'Shawn Robinson or 44 LaMichael Fanning
NG
99 Brandon Ivory
95 Darren Lake or 85 Korren Kirven
DE
8 Jeoffrey Pagan
54 Dalvin Tomlinson or 93 Jonathan Allen
SAM
42 Adrian Hubbard
25 Dillon Lee
MIKE
33 Trey DePriest
2 Reuben Foster
WILL
32 C.J. Mosley
11 Tana Patrick or 18 Reggie Ragland
JACK
47 Xzavier Dickson or 30 Denzel Devall
CB
13 Deion Belue
16 Bradley Sylve
CB
10 John Fulton
8 Cyrus Jones
21 Maurice Smith
SS
3 Vinnie Sunseri
26 Landon Collins or Jarrick Williams
FS
6 Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
27 Nick Perry

OFFENSE

LT
71 Cyrus Kouandjio
63 Kellen Williams
64 Grant Hill
LG
77 Arie Kouandjio
63 Kellen Williams or 68 Isaac Luatua
C
70 Ryan Kelly
78 Chad Lindsay
RG
61 Anthony Steen
50 Alphonse Taylor
RT
79 Austin Shepherd
72 Leon Brown
TE
84 Brian Vogler
88 O.J Howard or 89 Brandon Greene
TE/H
44 Jalston Fowler
82 Harrison Jones
QB
10 AJ McCarron
6 Blake Sims
RB
4 T.J. Yeldon
45 Jalston Fowler
1 Dee Hart or 3 Derrick Henry or 23 Altee Tenpenny
WR (X)
9 Amari Cooper
2 DeAndrew White
80 Raheem Falkins
WR (Z)
83 Kevin Norwood or 7 Kenny Bell
8 Robert Foster
WR (H)
22 Christion Jones
5 Chris Black

SPECIAL TEAMS

PK/KO
43 Cade Foster
99 Adam Griffith
HOLD
10 AJ McCarron
3 Vinnie Sunseri
P
29 Cody Mandell
99 Adam Griffith
SN
55 Cole Mazza
50 M.K. Taylor
PR
22 Christion Jones
1 Dee Hart
KOR
22 Christion Jones
83 Kevin Norwood
5 Cyrus Jones
2 DeAndrew White

Last edited:

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Does anyone know if the current players height and weight changes have been made for the fall on any particular website? Always interested in seeing how they've progressed throughout the summer conditioning program. I know from comparing that Bamaonline as well as Rolltide.com have not updated their website yet.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

#1 Reuben Foster
#2 Ashawn Robinson
#3 OJ Howard
#4 Chris Black

I like Kenyan and he's an outstanding player but I honestly think the others are just a little bit better. I mean Henry is a freak guys. He was the top rated athlete in the ESPN 150 for goodness sakes. That speaks loudly. I don't think a lot of people realize just how good this kid is going to be. Tenpenney is big, physical and fast. Hart is a situation back in my opinion but he'll help us.
So I really don't think it's anything Kenyan has done wrong as much as it's what the others can do right.
sip

gwilliams

1st Team
Aug 29, 2011
I like Kenyan and he's an outstanding player but I honestly think the others are just a little bit better. I mean Henry is a freak guys. He was the top rated athlete in the ESPN 150 for goodness sakes. That speaks loudly. I don't think a lot of people realize just how good this kid is going to be. Tenpenney is big, physical and fast. Hart is a situation back in my opinion but he'll help us.
So I really don't think it's anything Kenyan has done wrong as much as it's what the others can do right.
sip
Hart has had lots of time to study the playbook. Having brains to pick up a blitz matters much. Since he is nimble and quick and given his willingness to take on anybody- he might be an excellent pass blocker...just guessing???

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.