Bama vs A&M

bamagirl64

Jul 13, 2013
Can't wait to see the defense crush the arrogant all about me Manziel!!
He's definitely not a team player. It's all about him and not his team!!

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
The segment on Sportscenter about his behavior during the Rice game was as harsh coverage as I can remember directed at a college player. They showed clip after clip of national sports commentators ripping him a new one.

He's become America's most famous brat.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
brat or not, he's dangerous. he may act immature, but plays like a vet, so we can't afford for a second to not direct our attention to the most important part of jm, and that's his football skills.

The segment on Sportscenter about his behavior during the Rice game was as harsh coverage as I can remember directed at a college player. They showed clip after clip of national sports commentators ripping him a new one.

And I'm sure he doesn't care. He wants to do these things. That is the sad part. All we have to do is shut him up.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

You are so right but what gets me is ESPN & Alabama gave him that stiff arm trophy, now ESPN wants to slam him every five minutes, it's like saying your own baby is ugly.

Alabama will correct their part of this mistake in 2 weeks.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
The thing that got me was him walking away from Sumlin. That ain't good, folks. Ain't good at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
This stood out to me too. I thought to myself that I couldn't imagine one of our players walking away from Coach Saban like that. I just kept waiting for Sumlin to grab him by the collar or something, but he just let him walk off. That was very telling to me...

Indianabama

Jan 14, 2011
Could you imagine if they somehow pull it off again his year!!!! This kids head would explode with arrogance....not to mention ESPN would jump right back on the bandwagon! GOTTA WIN THAT GAME!

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
This stood out to me too. I thought to myself that I couldn't imagine one of our players walking away from Coach Saban like that. I just kept waiting for Sumlin to grab him by the collar or something, but he just let him walk off. That was very telling to me...
That scene, along with the multi game suspensions for others, leads you to wonder if Sumlin has lost control of this team.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Personaly I couldn't care less about his antics at this point. He's a jerk. He's a brat. He's a detriment to his team. I want him playing in two weeks but if Sumlin doesn't get a bridle on this guy somehow he'll throttle their potential success. I'd suspend him the entire game next week and set some goals for him starting against Bama. I'll be shocked if he starts and plays the remainder of the schedule with his current attitude. So much talent being wasted. So sad.

We have our own issues offensively that need addressing and corrected before we go into aTm with or without JM on the field. I'm sure Saban and Smart have a plan for him by now.

RTR!!!

bamafan216

1st Team
Jun 28, 2002
Huntsville, AL
We haven't heard from Coach Stallings on this topic, but I'm sure he'll be on some radio program before the A&M game. I may be wrong but I don't think he would endorse his behavior and probably would have been in his grill after some of the stunts he pulled Saturday.

The media has created this monster; funny how it has been played out. As long as he gets attention he will continue doing it; it's just his nature.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
We haven't heard from Coach Stallings on this topic, but I'm sure he'll be on some radio program before the A&M game. I may be wrong but I don't think he would endorse his behavior and probably would have been in his grill after some of the stunts he pulled Saturday.

The media has created this monster; funny how it has been played out. As long as he gets attention he will continue doing it; it's just his nature.
Half true. He would be a brat if he were delivering pizzas for Papa John's.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Wow...just watched Herm Edwards on ESPN go off on Jerky Goofball....wow.

TheSabanator

Suspended
Oct 1, 2011
Birmingham,Alabama
Back to the thread topic...
Alabama's D is the key to this game and besides the 1 play against VT they look as formidable as ever.
O is another issue.
Looks like the open week will be more of a detriment to the struggling OL than a blessing. That OL needs as much real game experience as they can get. They WON'T be getting that.
If we continue to go 3 and out...right now I see the "Moneybadger" squeaking by a very good, but tired Alabama D.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Back to the thread topic...
Alabama's D is the key to this game and besides the 1 play against VT they look as formidable as ever.
O is another issue.
Looks like the open week will be more of a detriment to the struggling OL than a blessing. That OL needs as much real game experience as they can get. They WON'T be getting that.
If we continue to go 3 and out...right now I see the "Moneybadger" squeaking by a tired Alabama D.
Why do you say our defense will be tired. Do you not think we can get their offense off the field? Do you really think our offense will continue to go 3 and out as with VT's very strong defense?

TheSabanator

Suspended
Oct 1, 2011
Birmingham,Alabama
Why do you say our defense will be tired. Do you not think we can get their offense off the field? Do you really think our offense will continue to go 3 and out as with VT's very strong defense?
Our D will be tired because of an inept O. It will not be the D's fault! I hope I am WRONG. I saw nothing from the offense that makes me think they will be clicking in 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.