Bama vs A&M

Bama Baseball 1

Scout Team
Aug 13, 2007
Duncanville, AL
I think we will see a much different team against A&M. VT challenged us to throw the ball on them, and we chose to run the ball anyway, and give our new line a taste of difficult times. We will open up the offense against A&M and show what we have spent most of the fall working on. Coach Saban is a clever poker player. Never showing his hand till it is too late to beat him.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
He was mouthing off to the Rice players. He did it on almost every single play he was in the game.
IMO the worst one was when his teammate held up the imaginary picture and then Manziel pretended to sign it. To me, this means his teammates simply don't care about his antics and probably thrive on them.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
this game is key to another title. if we lose i doubt there will be another chance to win a title
like the last two years. i really felt great about beating texas a&m, and now i am hoping the
off line will be ready to hit the field and play smash mouth football. i have not been down on our offense as much as this last game. sure, first game against a average football team, sure, we have three new starters on the offense and freshmen backing up yeldon. i just, dont understand how they could so bad, even though many say heir defense is a strong defense. this is the same defense that had trouble last season. they physically whipped our guys up front the whole game, it was so bad, our backs didnt even make it to the line and they were hit. and then our backs including yeldon did not block for aj. it was a nightmare on offense. i am tired of the spoiled brat, but, he is quite the college qb. he has experience a defense that controls him instead of him controlling the other team. i really believe our guys will have to stay in their lanes at all risks to prevent his cutback runs. keep him in the pocket as much as possible. i feel our linebackers, and secondary are good enough to cover downfield. take away mike evans and will have a problem. i still believe if
wasnt for that first touchdown on his fumble their first series we would have beaten them the rest of the game. well, i really want this game for all of us, and the team. our prestige would be increased by bringing down johnny "the brat" manziell. amazing, how little talk is about his team, even from us.
This is simply incorrect. They didn't "physically whip" our OL, any more than VT did this year. The slants and stunts they pulled were the absolute opposite from physically whipping. Haven't you read the remarks from our linemen that they wished that they had just lined up against us and gone hat on hat?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
This is simply incorrect. They didn't "physically whip" our OL, any more than VT did this year. The slants and stunts they pulled were the absolute opposite from physically whipping. Haven't you read the remarks from our linemen that they wished that they had just lined up against us and gone hat on hat?
I assume the OL will be practicing against slants and stunts the next two weeks? Because I can almost guarantee aTm will mirror what VT did.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Mark May on College Football Live just isolated several of the mistakes on the offensive line. Footwork and technique were THE two problems he said. They spotlighted the right tackle and the center. Both used the wrong technique and foot work for most of the game. May said it is correctable but needs to be corrected immediately.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I hope they'll look him up and down, shrug their shoulders and walk away...
Bama players need to show CLASS. If he wants to sign autographs or dole out money on the field, ignore him. Just make like he's a gnat or a mosquito that you've got to deal with.
It's all a distraction (CLUTTER) that we don't need. Make your actions known through the plays that you make on the field.

I sure hope we have a good, controlled rush where he can't zig and zag down the field.

Let's end those Heisman dreams for him.

I don't want to just defeat aTm, I want pay back for last year. I want to destroy them!

However, this could be a really, really TOUGH game. It will not be for the faint-hearted or those with heart trouble.

We need to stop Molena as well as those two tall horses at wide-outs #13 and Seals-Jones. I hope our DB's can deal with them. Last year #13, Evans, I think, would catch the ball short of a 1st down and carry our DB's a few yards for 1st downs. We need to stop that. Don't lose your coverage like last year when Johnny Boy lost control of the ball and we lost coverage on one of their wide receivers in the end-zone.

Also, Bama needs to prepare for the loudest stadium they've ever been in plus all the swaying of fans in the stands. We need to score early and often to take those fans outta the game!

I just may have to DVR that game and watch it later. I just don't want to croak during this game. My heart rate will be sky high by game time. Maybe I just need to go fishing during this game and stay at least a few miles from any TV/Radio coverage.

RTR!!!!!!!

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
Was it me or did this whole game and the buzz leading up to it seem a little off? Maybe it was the weird start time, maybe it was the commentators. I really had to remind myself it was the same venue as the Bama/UGA game last year. It just didn't have the same feel as other debuts.
All the college football games have seemed that way so far. I feel like I'm watching players run underwater, while I'm at home with a low-grade fever. Seriously, every team I saw looked sluggish.

Regarding this game, though, I have a very hard time believing that Rice has better coached offensive linemen than we do, and they ran rip-shod over A&M's front 7. I think there is hope.

TheSabanator

Suspended
Oct 1, 2011
Birmingham,Alabama
Mark May on College Football Live just isolated several of the mistakes on the offensive line. Footwork and technique were THE two problems he said. They spotlighted the right tackle and the center. Both used the wrong technique and foot work for most of the game. May said it is correctable but needs to be corrected immediately.
I like Mark May, but I am not sure how quickly this can be corrected.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I like Mark May, but I am not sure how quickly this can be corrected.
He showed in where our center (for whatever reason) was turning his shoulders perpendicular to the line when attempting to engage the defender and the right tackle was doing a "jump hop" step before engaging the defender, giving the defender the time to beat both of them.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
He showed in where our center (for whatever reason) was turning his shoulders perpendicular to the line when attempting to engage the defender and the right tackle was doing a "jump hop" step before engaging the defender, giving the defender the time to beat both of them.
Could have simply been first game jitters. This would obviously be something the coaches would teach against all off season, but inexperienced players are prone to revert to bad habits when they are under the spot light. Seeing themselves screw up on true game film will help tremendously, IMO.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.