Here's one way to slow down up tempo offenses

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
While I'm not a fan of the HUNH, I believe a rule change would reduce the number of fake injuries. Make the injured player sit out the next 4 plays instead of one.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Before you do that, make sure that there's a back-up player that's just as good as you to replace you on the next play.

Was one UGA player telling another, "it's your time to take a fall"? Then he did!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Cal's Coach Sunny Dykes was irritated at officials when Northwestern did this on three consecutive downs last night.

bighokie

Aug 22, 2013
Before you do that, make sure that there's a back-up player that's just as good as you to replace you on the next play.

Was one UGA player telling another, "it's your time to take a fall"? Then he did!

I was watching the 1AA game this afternoon and they were talking about faking injuries and whether or not they should be flagged. One of them was saying that they shouldn't because it was too much of a judgement call and they are all about player safety. While I can appreciate that sentiment, if it is this obvious not only does it need to be a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct, it needs to be an ejection.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Uptempo no huddle is an exploitation of the rules anyway, so if this is the response then so be it. It's not honorable but it isn't illegal nor will the NCAA want to touch player safety issues with a ten foot pole. Hell LSU has been doing it for years against us and we don't even go tempo. But it gives them extra time to call down a perfect play.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Like either LSU has a huge player hydration issue which causes cramping that should have long since been identified by their SEC-caliber medical staff and corrected OR they are simply coaching this tactic of fake cramping to get an unfair competitive advantage with de facto extra timeouts. Pay attention to LSU, they have more players hit the ground in one game than Alabama has in most seasons and we have a similar caliber of athletes.

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
Uptempo no huddle is an exploitation of the rules anyway, so if this is the response then so be it. It's not honorable but it isn't illegal nor will the NCAA want to touch player safety issues with a ten foot pole. Hell LSU has been doing it for years against us and we don't even go tempo. But it gives them extra time to call down a perfect play.
I don't think they were faking. :biggrin2:

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Cal's Coach Sunny Dykes was irritated at officials when Northwestern did this on three consecutive downs last night.
You mention the one series but the whole 4th Qtr was that way, it was shameful, you could tell because when they came off the field no one attended to them. That game was the worst I have seen on this, thanks for mentioning it.

If you stop them the HUNH don't work, they want do 45 seconds of three & outs.

Sometimes I think CNS is goating them into running it.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
That was my exact response when my Clemson friend sent me this video.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This ploy is meant to frustrate offensive players and coaches as much as take a break or substitute players, just as this offense is meant to frustrate defensive coaches and players as much as provide an offensive edge. Both sides playing head games with the other.

Luvubama

All-SEC
May 26, 2008
Charlotte NC
Herbstreet even mentioned during the Clemson broadcast that many defensive coaches are actively coaching these fake injuries to slow the game down.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.