Malcolm Mitchell's injury and end zone celebrations

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I just saw that Mitchell's injury occurred during an end zone celebration. Not ever having been a fan of these....
Sooner or later, odds are that with men that size jumping around like they do, someone will get injured. I am trying to recall any other injuries from end zone celebrations, and I am coming up empty. Anyone?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Keith Mitchell's injury and end zone celebrations

I just saw that Mitchell's injury occurred during an end zone celebration. Not ever having been a fan of these....
Sooner or later, odds are that with men that size jumping around like they do, someone will get injured. I am trying to recall any other injuries from end zone celebrations, and I am coming up empty. Anyone?
I think you mean Malcolm Mitchell of GA. I recall one of the Gramatica's was celebrating jumping up and down after a game winning FG and blew out his knee.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

As end zone celebrations go, this was mild. Makes me thinks the doctors missed something or messed something when they scoped Mitchell's knee during the summer.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Wasn't there an NFL QB that head butted a wall after a TD a few years back? If I recall correctly, he wound up with a concussion and missed the rest of the game.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Wasn't there an NFL QB that head butted a wall after a TD a few years back? If I recall correctly, he wound up with a concussion and missed the rest of the game.
Gus Frerotte of the Redskins sprained his neck, I believe.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

I think you mean Malcolm Mitchell of GA. I recall one of the Gramatica's was celebrating jumping up and down after a game winning FG and blew out his knee.
Indeed. Thanks.

Tider_in_GA

Scout Team
Nov 25, 2009
Rossville, GA

I think there was an Ohio St. Player (Ted Ginn Jr.?) that tore his ACL after celebrating his kickoff return td.

Yeah Malcolm Mitchell! Yeah, I'm surprised that there isn't a lot more people getting hurt with this jump.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I think there was an Ohio St. Player (Ted Ginn Jr.?) that tore his ACL after celebrating his kickoff return td.
Shhh. No need to talk about that.

miggy402

1st Team
Aug 23, 2009
Waycross, GA

There was a guy in MLB, I think for the Angels, who was out for the season after jumping on home plate following a walk-off HR.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Several years ago, a WR in the NFL tore his ACL at it. I was watching live. He and and a teammate went for the bump after a TD, missed and the WR landed on his back, leg doubled up under him...

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL

Several years ago, a WR in the NFL tore his ACL at it. I was watching live. He and and a teammate went for the bump after a TD, missed and the WR landed on his back, leg doubled up under him...
I remember a FSU player tearing his ACL doing the jump and bump celebration. Wonder if we are thinking about the same one possibly. I believe it was in 2008.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I remember a FSU player tearing his ACL doing the jump and bump celebration. Wonder if we are thinking about the same one possibly. I believe it was in 2008.
I don't think so. It was further back than '08 and it was definitely the pros...

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md

So let me get this straight- guys who train all day long to make drastic cuts, to change direction and speed on a dime, to survive the rigors of being tackled, who perform plyometric training at least twice a week... shouldn't hop?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

So let me get this straight- guys who train all day long to make drastic cuts, to change direction and speed on a dime, to survive the rigors of being tackled, who perform plyometric training at least twice a week... shouldn't hop?
I think that freak injuries are going to happen. If you are afraid of them, you are in too deep already. It's not like he head butted a wall.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

I saw coach Saban chest bump, I think, Andre smith. I know he chest bumped Mark Ingram....nothing happened

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

I have to admit I'm sad that Malcolm Mitchell's season is over. I really love to watch him play. It doesn't matter that he plays for Georgia. He is just such a talented athlete to watch.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.