Malcolm Mitchell's injury and end zone celebrations

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Re: Keith Mitchell's injury and end zone celebrations

Freak injuries can't really be prevented. Having said that...

I'd rather not see any celebrations until the game is over. Aside from the fact you could get flagged, you haven't won anything yet. Imagine how empty that celebration felt after the game when UGA players had to look at a losing score. Also, Vandy the other night celebrated pretty hard late in the fourth when they took the lead. I said they were going to wear themselves out celebrating and won't be able to keep Ole Miss from scoring. Sure enough, Miss scores in short order and Vandy was too worn out to muster anything.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

was there also a running back that hurt himself when he dove needlessly into the endzone? It might have been AP when he was in college?

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

Just recently, a soccer player was doing a backflip after scoring a goal. He sprained his knee pretty good.

Last edited:

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL

tOSU's Ted Ginn Jr. runs the opening kick back for a TD in the BCSCG against FL then while celebrating hurts himself bad enough to miss the rest of the biggest game of his life. Freaking genius! I laughed so hard. Sorry but the irony was so ironic.

Frankly I'm surprised it doesn't happen more frequently. Too bad for Mitchell. Some life lessons are indeed painful. Hopefully he and his teamates learn from it.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA

In high school, I could go through practice without any injuries other that just bumps and bruises and then I'd fall off the porch at home and sprain or pull something. My dad and coach told me that I should probably just sleep in the fieldhouse. :biggrin:

I remember doing something similar years ago. I went up for a put back dunk missed and I jumped in frustration. Somehow pulled something in my knee. Then I still played on it. It was never the same. I was going into sophomore year in high school. We did win state that year. So I know how it away feel...

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
I remember once many years ago when an NFL player hurt his knee dunking the football over the crossbar to the goal post, so I learned from an early age that excessive celebrations were bad. I am surprised that there aren't more injuries, especially when the whole team dogpiles the hero. Just act like you have been in the endzone before, and you expect repeated visits in the course of the game.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I remember once many years ago when an NFL player hurt his knee dunking the football over the crossbar to the goal post, so I learned from an early age that excessive celebrations were bad. I am surprised that there aren't more injuries, especially when the whole team dogpiles the hero. Just act like you have been in the endzone before, and you expect repeated visits in the course of the game.
I saw Cody jump up and touch the crossbar in warmups before the Auburn game. The whole stadium shook.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.