SIAP..AJ McCarron's Special Bond With Young Girl Suffering From Leukemia (Video)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Tom Rinaldi takes a look at Alabama's National Title-winning quarterback AJ McCarron, and his special bond with Starla Chapman, a young Crimson Tide fan suffering from leukemia..The media is always shining their spotlight on the self absorbed & cocky "Johnny Football"..This video makes ya truly appreciate just how proud our Boys take in representing The Crimson Tide..I hope Johnny Football" watches this & takes notes, as to how to do the right things, and give back to his fans like AJ does with Starla Chapman..And this is the 1st time I heard about the wave runner accident when he was 5yrs old..WOW..He's lucky to be alive, no wonder he's as humble as he come across, in some of his interviews I've seen in the past..

Last edited:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
The wave runner story had it's own "special" before the '09 BCSNCG (I think). It was a LONG time ago. I loved how AJ and his brother were delivering Christmas presents to kids in the hospital when he met Starla. Such an amazing story. I have been following her story since that first report back when she first got sick. I remember the posts on the "Team Starla" fb page when she had the cardiac arrest. Such a miracle--both of them!!

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
I want to thank you for posting that, too! I think most of us have come to know about Starla and what an adorable little sweetheart she is. I didn't know about AJ's accident or that he was expected to die or be brain damaged. That is truly an inspiring story, isn't it? Unfortunately, from what we're seeing from Manziel, I don't think he's ready to "see" what that video is really all about or how awareness of others and giving of yourself is what life is really for. He's still too immature. AJ and Starla are fortunate in that way because they have genuine wealth.

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
There are some people out there that think he's a brat because of the way he's acted on the field (when he got into it with Barrett, for example) or that he feels that he's entitled because he has a very gorgeous girlfriend. But I got to meet A.J. and have known him for 2 years as a result of having multiple mutual friends, and I can tell you he's a great young man. Very humble, well-spoken, and he has a great heart. Tremendous ambassador for this Football Program and more importantly, this University, both on and off the field.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I agree 100% with y'all about AJ, we're so lucky that AJ's even here to be our QB, we tend to forget just how fragile life can be..No matter how hard or how bad life treats each of us, there' always someone out there who's going through even rougher times, videos like this makes ya appreciate just how good we do have it..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.