*** OT Cameron Robinson Commits to Alabama ***

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
Re: ***#1 Prospect OT Cameron Robinson commits to ....

I think we finish with Hootie, Carter, Clark, Humphrey and Hand.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
some gems on Tigerdroppings,

this is a response to another LSU fan who believes the CR commitment is not a big deal:

"Yes, of course, your position is quite rational. When a team that is already ahead of us on the field, has three NC's to our zero in the last four years, and has beaten us the last two times we played, takes the best player in our home state - the third best player in the nation and one we admittedly offered and wanted -- that helps the LSU program. Naturally, that is the proper conclusion. One would never conclude that losing five star in-state recruits to Alabama is simply a bad thing. That would be insanely honest. "

here's another one who posted on the huge loss of CR to Bama:

"I simply can't agree with that. Whoever LSU signs to replace Robinson will be a lesser ranked player, less desirable even according to our own staff. Bama gets an incrementally better player, LSU gets an incrementally worse player. Over time, expecially in a series that has been markes by close games, those incremental differences translate to wins and losses.

In short, it would have been better for LSU to land Robinson instead of Bama. Anyone would agree, I think. And as a rational, objective fan, when something occurs that hurts LSU and benefits Bama, I get disappointed. "

:BigA:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
the irrational corndogs have all convinced themselves that losing CR is a not a big blow, but losing Fournette would be devastating!! why is that??

is it because your brilliant coach decided not to recruit and sign any RBs in the 2013 class?? this will get real juicy in the next 5 months. :biggrin2:

Last edited:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Re: ***#1 Prospect OT Cameron Robinson commits to ....

"What softens the blow in a major way is that LSU is still in line to land a handful of five-stars (T. Brown, H. Jones, S. Noil, M. Dupre, L. Fournette, C. Garrett, etc.). If they finish this class as expected, it could well be the No. 1 overall class. "- 247 writer Shea Dixon
say they land all those guys, IMO they won't, Bama will land Humphrey, Elam, Hand or Carter, Clark, Hall or Hampton along with the " others" we don't know about. LSU will not be #1 . Bama is leading by a wide margin as it is, it will only get bigger.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
some gems on Tigerdroppings,

this is a response to another LSU fan who believes the CR commitment is not a big deal:

"Yes, of course, your position is quite rational. When a team that is already ahead of us on the field, has three NC's to our zero in the last four years, and has beaten us the last two times we played, takes the best player in our home state - the third best player in the nation and one we admittedly offered and wanted -- that helps the LSU program. Naturally, that is the proper conclusion. One would never conclude that losing five star in-state recruits to Alabama is simply a bad thing. That would be insanely honest. "

here's another one who posted on the huge loss of CR to Bama:

"I simply can't agree with that. Whoever LSU signs to replace Robinson will be a lesser ranked player, less desirable even according to our own staff. Bama gets an incrementally better player, LSU gets an incrementally worse player. Over time, expecially in a series that has been markes by close games, those incremental differences translate to wins and losses.

In short, it would have been better for LSU to land Robinson instead of Bama. Anyone would agree, I think. And as a rational, objective fan, when something occurs that hurts LSU and benefits Bama, I get disappointed. "

:BigA:

It seems that not all LSU fans are corn dogs after all.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
My oh my, some of the lsu homers have really convinced themselves that losing a special talent at left tackle is a minor bump on the road. according to them, he is " replaceable". BUT a RB like Fournette is must have. sometimes you can't see the forest because of the trees. :conf2:

IMHO, no RB is a must have , but I will take a Cam Robinson talent anyday and 2x on Sunday. its not even close. flame away.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
My oh my, some of the lsu homers have really convinced themselves that losing a special talent at left tackle is a minor bump on the road. according to them, he is " replaceable". BUT a RB like Fournette is must have. sometimes you can't see the forest because of the trees. :conf2:

IMHO, no RB is a must have , but I will take a Cam Robinson talent anyday and 2x on Sunday. its not even close. flame away.
No. No RB is a must have, but in this instance Fournette is if for no other reason to keep him away from our divisional rival.

It's one thing to raid the state of Georgia, but to raid Louisiana of homegrown talent is quite another, especially with Sims & Robinson to boot

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.