Stdium proposal to go before BOT

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

bamajake

1st Team
Sep 27, 2001
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
I must admit that I never thought we would see the day that the University decided to make such a commitment to baseball. I expected another glorified touchup of the existing stadium but not much more. My understanding is that the plans call for pretty much flattening the existing stadium and starting from scratch. If so, we will be inconvenienced for a season but it will be much more than worth it. My only concern is they keep saying that it will be paid for with private donations. Does that mean that construction won't start until the money is raised? I sure hope not because I don't know if that much can be raised for baseball. For any significant money to be raised, the coaching staff will have to be heavily involved in fund raising as was the softball staff when the money was raised to build the Rhoads House. I don't know if CMG and crew have the ability to raise that much money.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Kendall Rogers of perfectgame.org tweeted about the new stadium today:

Doing some research for my weekly college baseball column. Think #Alabama isn't committed? #Tide is spending $30M for new park/renovation.
Put that into perspective: #LSU's new stadium: $37.8M, #SouthCarolina's new stadium $35M, without rising steel costs factored in. #SEC
#Alabama is putting forth a project that's right on par with what #LSU and #SouthCarolina did. Well overdue, but what a commitment. #Bama

chittlins

2nd Team
Sep 5, 2007
Kendall Rogers of perfectgame.org tweeted about the new stadium today:

Doing some research for my weekly college baseball column. Think #Alabama isn't committed? #Tide is spending $30M for new park/renovation.
Put that into perspective: #LSU's new stadium: $37.8M, #SouthCarolina's new stadium $35M, without rising steel costs factored in. #SEC
#Alabama is putting forth a project that's right on par with what #LSU and #SouthCarolina did. Well overdue, but what a commitment. #Bama
And Baum is the class of the league with it being a bit older. There's so much demand for more suites Long is asking current suite holders to double up till it can be addressed. Right now Van Horn is getting his indoor facility with the foundation having been poured. He'll have to wait till the basketball facility and new academic center are done to do the planned right and left field suites.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.