Interesting thread on a TAMU board about our bye week...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
What garbage? What has Johnny Manziel done that is so outrageous? Partied too much and sent home from a voluntary QB camp?
Apparently you don't keep up with the news much. Anyway, you've said your piece and we can judge you by it. Now shut up or you'll be gone quickly...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Well, HSV, the Ags internet narrative pusher has probably pulled such an impressive Orwellian number that their common fans don't even realize that Manziel just pulled a mini-Cam Newton then had the audacity to taunt Rice players with gestures that flaunt the fact that he got away with acts that non-white, non-rich student-athletes would have been put underneath the jail for doing.

ElectricAg1

Dec 7, 2012
Apparently you don't keep up with the news much. Anyway, you've said your piece and we can judge you by it. Now shut up or you'll be gone quickly...
Yes I do keep up with college football. Not sure what I did to get such a response but I hope if you go to College Station for the game you are not treated so rudely. Yes, I understand I am a visitor on your board.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I've never been to a college football practice in Tuscaloosa (or anywhere else) so I have no idea as to the level of Saban's direct involvement. Since I doubt an Aggie fan has been to many practices there, I wonder how they became such an expert on the matter.

I like Saban's record in rematch games he has lost since coming here.

In 2008, we lost to Florida in the SECCG. A year later, we made Tebow cry.

In 2010, we blew a huge lead to the Barn. Their offense hasn't seen the end zone since.

In 2011, we lost in OT to LSU. The next game didn't so well for them.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Yes I do keep up with college football. Not sure what I did to get such a response but I hope if you go to College Station for the game you are not treated so rudely. Yes, I understand I am a visitor on your board.
I think it was because you went immediately to the he's just a 20 year-old argument which is tired and wrong-headed. Plenty of 20 year-olds and younger are overseas, behaving like adults, and performing jobs that put them in the constant threat of bombs, bullets, mortars, and rockets. I'm not going to cry for understanding over the immature actions of a coddled trust fund baby who just so happens to throw a good football and runs fast.

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
gar·bage

/ˈgärbij/

noun

noun: garbage

1. Shoving a graduate assistant after an interception during spring practice
2. Taunting Rice players with various hand signals and incurring penalty
3. Everything else in between that Manziel has gotten away with this summer

synonyms:

trash, rubbish, refuse, waste, detritus, litter, junk, scrap

psupoop

1st Team
Nov 17, 2008
Chester Springs, PA
I think it was because you went immediately to the he's just a 20 year-old argument which is tired and wrong-headed. Plenty of 20 year-olds and younger are overseas, behaving like adults, and performing jobs that put them in the constant threat of bombs, bullets, mortars, and rockets. I'm not going to cry for understanding over the immature actions of a coddled trust fund baby who just so happens to throw a good football and runs fast.

RTR91 made the 20 year old comment. I think you guys should lighten up on the Ag fan. He just asked a question.

ElectriAg1, we all saw JFF's lack of sportsmanship the other day in the Rice game. We all saw JFF win the Heisman last year. We all saw him dismantle us in the 1st quarter. Why is he picking on players from Rice after doing something so simple as scoring a TD? He's done it so many times in the past. Why can't he just run back to the sideline and celebrate with his teammates?

We'll be there next weekend to take care of business. Enjoy your time on the board and I don't think you did anything wrong earlier.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Couldn't have said it better myself. E-Ag - this is my last word to you. You aren't going to hang around here and argue about what is accepted and known by 99% of the world, with the 1% containing almost totally TAMU fans...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
What garbage? What has Johnny Manziel done that is so outrageous? Partied too much and sent home from a voluntary QB camp?
Acting like a spoiled brat isn't breaking a law but it doesn't get you respect and has social consequences. You can't sit here and tell me he is a player you're "proud of". No way. He's already got Heisman alums saying they will not vote for him strictly based on his behavior. No matter how you spin it he keeps doing things that make him look like a spoiled punk.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama

Apparent you're not as observant as most folks or perhaps you just have a different opinion of what constitutes bad behavior. Tom Brady summed it quite nicely.....I can't post it on here, but do a little research, shouldn't be too difficult.

And BTW, we're not just talking about him selling his autograph, we're talking about his ridiculous sense of entitlement, his lack of class and respect and a general disregard for rules.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Apparent you're not as observant as most folks or perhaps you just have a different opinion of what constitutes bad behavior. Tom Brady summed it quite nicely.....I can't post it on here, but do a little research, shouldn't be too difficult.

And BTW, we're not just talking about him selling his autograph, we're talking about his ridiculous sense of entitlement, his lack of class and respect and a general disregard for rules.
Is it on the youtubes? What key words do I need to use?

jagvocate

Scout Team
Jun 14, 2010
Google "Tom Brady Johnny Manzeil"

Brady is sinless so he could cast his stone at Manziel. (That's Brady and current Penn State Head Coach, BTW).

Interesting times we live in, and an interesting way of communicating. We have so much access to info, but we rarely question things people say or use our memory.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

Brady is sinless so he could cast his stone at Manziel. (That's Brady and current Penn State Head Coach, BTW).

Interesting times we live in, and an interesting way of communicating. We have so much access to info, but we rarely question things people say or use our memory.
If you don't see the difference then I don't know what to tell you.

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
The whole thing about Manziel and he's just 20 yrs old is getting really annoying. If I am correct Mark Ingram was 20 yrs old when he won the Heisman and he wasn't out acting like a fool. It's just not an excuse. I just hope we pound this self entitled punk!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

What he says is the truth, whether or not he himself abides by it. That seems to be the point near everyone in today's age seems to miss.

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
Probably not the place to post this, but...Kevin Sumlin as a very good coach. He seems to prepare his team well. In my 70+ year experience, there are three unrivaled "game preparers"... one has been dead for 31 years, one was called "the best game preparer" I've ever known by the one who is deceased. He took a team from a school that had decided to drop football, and gave them a national championship. He retired two years ago. The third is very much an active coach, and his name is Nick Saban. As far as "hands-on" with the players, there is none better than Saban. We saw the extent of the relationship between coach and "star" last week as J Autograph shrugged off his head coach during a petulant display of arrogance. Lets let it go with that. I really like Kevin Sumlin, I really don't like his starting quarterback. Neither have achieved the elite status some would bestow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.