Link: Alabama's younger players need to stay patient in Nick Saban's system

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
coming to alabama at this point in the game, you have to realize if you're good enough and maybe with a few injuries to help out, even as a freshman (ex. cooper, yeldon) you CAN see playing time. at one point, eddie lacy was third string....just like trent richardson was second string....two players that were either heismen finalist or bcs mvp's. that's saying something.

you don't come to alabama because you're the best. you come to alabama to BE the best. (i'm trademarking that)
i chose this fuscia because i'm not sure if i'm being sarcastic about trademarking that or not.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You might lose some of these skill position players to other teams, but that will not hurt you in games or in recruiting unless one or more of those transfers gets ugly. Skill position players tend not to be as patient as other players. They are used to the lime light.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I think most know the deal going in. Some can really break out like Yeldon & Cooper.

This was a really good article, I just hope it did not come about because of a couple of young guys I'm thinking of right now.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
The thing is that CNS is not promising these guys playing time because of their success in HS. Cooper may not have even had his breakout season last year if DeAndrew White hadn't got hurt. Bide your time, work hard, and you'll be able to play wherever CNS needs you.

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
You might lose some of these skill position players to other teams, but that will not hurt you in games or in recruiting unless one or more of those transfers gets ugly. Skill position players tend not to be as patient as other players. They are used to the lime light.
Cows may come and cows may go, but the bull that goes on here will go on forever (forever would be nice;)).

Last edited:

Crimson-Blitz

All-American
Jul 19, 2001
Hsv, AL, U.S.A.
If I had to find one thing to criticize about Saban it would be that he doesn't get into his bench more. I know that his philosophy is to have the best players on the field. However, there have been a few games in the past where we could have used a little more "gas in the tank" in the fourth quarter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.