Who wins the Superbowl this year?

whatsamatta U

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Athens, AL
Which team is playing the best ball right now in your opinion? SanFran looks good but it seems Kap plays best when they're behind. Their defense gives up a lot but they don't give up a lot of points. When Manning is hot and Denver is running good, they look unbeatable. Seahawks just seem to do everything right and their defense has been really good lately. Then, how can you bet against NE. They're running and passing the ball well, and play pretty good defense. All in all, I really don't see a clear leader out of the bunch. Should be an interesting Super Bowl.

Last edited:

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I was going to pull for Seattle but after how Richard Sherman conducted himself at the end of the game, post-game interview, I want Seattle to lose BADLY. (Sorry Williams and Carpenter.)

whatsamatta U

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Athens, AL
I was going to pull for Seattle but after how Richard Sherman conducted himself at the end of the game, post-game interview, I want Seattle to lose BADLY. (Sorry Williams and Carpenter.)
Yep. I felt sorry for the lady having to try and interview him. She really had a lost look when he went off. If it had been me, I would have yanked the mike and told him to come back in a few years when he grew up!

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
After watching that rant from lunatic Richard Sherman -- I hope the Broncos put him on his .... butt! :)

And Sherman graduated in 2010 from Stanford with a degree in Communication??:eek:

Last edited:

Golden Isles

Suspended
Jan 11, 2014
Manning and the Broncos are going to shred the NFC and Seattle. And the cold should effect both players the same unless it's slick.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that most of America will be pulling for the Broncos after the way that Sherman treated Erin Andrews in that "interview". For me - I am happy for the Manning family. They are great ambassadors for the sport, and they give so much back in their communities.

As for the actual game - both teams bring impressive defenses. Seattle's defense is better, but they have not faced a QB in Manning's hemisphere. This game will test them as they have not been tested this season. The key to beating either of the Manning brothers is to hit them early and often. If they can stand in the pocket and step into their passes, they are almost unbeatable. If you force them to move their feet, they are pretty average.

Seattle, offensively, is a rushing team. Denver's defense against the rush is very good. Denver's weakness is their secondary (especially with injuries), but Russell is a terrible passer. Russell has to be able to throw the ball well for Seattle to win, and Russell seems to have lost confidence late in the season. That could be a problem.

I'll take Denver, mostly because I picked them before the season began, but also because I think that it is hard to beat a QB like Manning without a similar weapon in a game like this. Seattle doesn't have that.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Seattle's offense is only average and they have a great defense. Denver has both a good offense and defense. Gotta go with Denver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
I realize I am in a huge minority but I am not an NFL fan and will not watch the Super Bowl. I probably haven't watched more than 10 plays all season.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
i've been thinking Seattle wins for the most part however i'm just not sold on Wilson. Even on a bad day i think Denver puts up 24 points. But i can see a scenario where Seattle completely shuts down the run and forces Manning into some mistakes. Gonna be fun to watch this one. i wouldnt bet on this one thats for sure.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.