Mack Brown Reassigns DC Manny Diaz; Greg Robinson in as DC

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
So if I'm TX and finally convince Mack to retire, who do I pursue?

Personally I think CDS from Stanford would have to be 1st on my list. Not too easy to win there much less maintain like they have. I think he would be an excellent fit.
They'll probably make one last run at CNS. They don't take "no" for an answer very easily and they think money is the solution for everything. I'm not worried any more...

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Seems to me it would be easier just to move Gary Patterson and his staff from Ft. Worth to Austin.
Never happen. TX will want some sort of star and would be surprised if they took the guy from TCU. At least not first choice even if it makes sense. Which it does.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
They'll probably make one last run at CNS. They don't take "no" for an answer very easily and they think money is the solution for everything. I'm not worried any more...
I agree with Earle, UTX will contact Sexton with a ton of cash and incentives for CNS. My only concern now is with Mal Moore gone how does that effect the relationships between CNS and the PTB? I would not think so, but Mal and CNS apparently had a mutual trust and respect that hopefully will continue with Coach Battle and his not too far off successor.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I agree they'll make a run at Coach Saban, and I agree he'll turn it down.

After that, I could see them going after Art Briles, Kevin Sumlin, and even Urban Meyer. The spread offense is still king in the Big 12, and I think they'll go after someone who is considered an architect of it.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Never happen. TX will want some sort of star and would be surprised if they took the guy from TCU. At least not first choice even if it makes sense. Which it does.
Check their list of coaches. If they've pursued stars, they settled for much less. Other than Royal, who?

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
I agree with you. Watching ESPNU's show yesterday (College Football Daily, I believe) Matt Stinchcomb was 100% certain that Saban will leave if Texas comes calling. He said he has done all he can do here and that Texas is the undisputed #1 job in the country. Amazing that a guy from UGA can know so little about a SEC team.

Alakablamo

1st Team
Nov 24, 2001
Upstate, SC
Money aside...

Does anybody really think Saban would agree to all of the LHN commitments and booster schmoozing necessary for the UT HC position? He hates having to do it now, and I would say the situation here is significanlty less distracting than the setup at UT.

I don't see it happening, either, and I don't think money is a problem for Bama.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Money aside...

Does anybody really think Saban would agree to all of the LHN commitments and booster schmoozing necessary for the UT HC position? He hates having to do it now, and I would say the situation here is significanlty less distracting than the setup at UT.

I don't see it happening, either, and I don't think money is a problem for Bama.
Texas isnt the best job in america, IMO. The LHN following your team around every turn is only a distraction to me, and one that Saban would weigh heavily. That and the arrogance of Texas would weigh heavily, as others have already said.

Money isnt the issue, texas can offer that in barrels; but Saban already has a pretty good paycheck coming his way....

Stinchcomb is looking at texas being his next challenge...and rebuilding isnt going o attract him at thi point...Saban wants to build on his legacy, and is set up to build that right where he's at.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
There is no challenge in rebuilding another program rich in resources. Coach Saban has done it twice now. The challenge is in sustaining it.
Never say never, but I just don't see Texas offering him anything desirable at all.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If things couldn't get worse for Mack, Orangebloods.com is reporting DeLoss Dodds will step down at the end of the year.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
If things couldn't get worse for Mack, Orangebloods.com is reporting DeLoss Dodds will step down at the end of the year.
It is not a stretch to say that Mack Brown will in all likelihood retire at year end and Dodds retiring would not be in Brown's best interest even he wanted to hang on another year. Those of you who have followed college football for many years know that the only HC who probably had total control of the football program was Darrell Royal. The coaches who followed him, with the possible exception of Fred Akers, were pretty lame and Brown appears to be clueless to what he can do to turn the ship around.

I find it far fetched to believe that CNS would entertain a UTX offer, but as I said before never say never.

GA Bamafan

1st Team
Oct 24, 2004
Pell City, AL
I agree with you. Watching ESPNU's show yesterday (College Football Daily, I believe) Matt Stinchcomb was 100% certain that Saban will leave if Texas comes calling. He said he has done all he can do here and that Texas is the undisputed #1 job in the country. Amazing that a guy from UGA can know so little about a SEC team.
I believe they will make a run at him. Heck who wouldn't. The question is, will they give him enough control of the program? He has the keys to the university, Tuscaloosa and the state here. So I am not sure Stinchcomb's analysis is sound either.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm torn, I really want to see OM tear off like 300 yards on the ground against the whiny little girl mack brown, but that will probably get him fired, and I really want him to be at texas for a long time - that's a match made in heaven...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I'm torn, I really want to see OM tear off like 300 yards on the ground against the whiny little girl mack brown, but that will probably get him fired, and I really want him to be at texas for a long time - that's a match made in heaven...
While I totally agree, IMO Ole Miss will spit the bit and probably get pounded, but if it helps Mack's stock at UTX I am all in.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.