Pick the score: Texas A&M vs. Alabama

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
I said earlier that this was a hard game to handicap with the bye week for Bama and the suspensions for aTm and it hasn't gotten any easier. That said, I'll go with what I know and that is the Bama D is a better D than last year's and I still believe the O will be better before we're done. I think aTm's offense may be better but the D should be (and suspensions notwithstanding) I don't think this D will be as good. So, I think we get those two scores we left on the ~10 (TJ fumble) and the goal line (AJ INT) this year and hold them to less than the 29 they boarded. I see it as 34-24 for the Good Guys from T-Town. By the way, I want Mr Deval to introduce himself cleanly to Mr. Football at least once (a la the Spec Teams hit against VT) and either HaHa or Vinnie picking off at least one of his passes! RTR

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
That is not an angle - it is a statistic based on information that has nothing to do with this game.
uh, ok. i'll pretend that aTm didn't win at least their last 5 games last year and aren't playing at home early in next season.

it's an angle that fits the game, period. (btw, many angles are based on statistics)

While it won't determine the final outcome it's impossible to ignore that teams in aTm's position have done extremely well in the last 7+ years

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
uh, ok. i'll pretend that aTm didn't win at least their last 5 games last year and aren't playing at home early in next season.

it's an angle that fits the game, period. (btw, many angles are based on statistics)

While it won't determine the final outcome it's impossible to ignore that teams in aTm's position have done extremely well in the last 7+ years
It is quite possible to ignore that meaningless statistic.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
The picks are all over the place. While I do not like to disagree with Jess, I don't see the O Line as that bad, and TPI's D is NO VT for sure.

The line handled the critisim very well like men. No excuses just promised to play better, to get better. AJ is Not going to throw an INT to TPI, period, mark it down, if that were to happen we would not win the game. Someone other than Yeldon is going to have a breakout game & be his #2 going forward, who is anyone's guess because of the number of pure Talent at RB.
The receivers especially Coop is going to just light them up. Their offense is Deliverence Boy & that's it, but we handled Tebow who was maybe the Best College QB in the history of the game.
Don't discount this defense it may be one of our all time BEST!

The Past is the past, so was the O lines play against VT. Sunday you are all going to want to send cards & letters to Coach Beamer thanking him, not since John McKay brought in Sam Cunningham to teach us a lesson have the Bama based owed so much to an opposing coach.

I know, I'm the nut who usually picks Bama to win by 50 but I just got a real feeling here.

Saturday Night my Bama friends celebtrate A HUGE WIN!

BAMA 49
TPI 3

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Sorry if my post sounded harsh - it was not meant to - poor wording on my part.

My point is that the only thing that they have in common is that they won their last 5 games of the previous season (so they are at least above average teams). We have no idea how weak their first 4 games of the subsequent season were, but if we look at the way that conferences schedule, those 4 game schedules were almost certainly heavily loaded with very inferior teams. So, unless you think that Alabama is a "very inferior team", those stats can be tossed, right?

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
The picks are all over the place. While I do not like to disagree with Jess, I don't see the O Line as that bad, and TPI's D is NO VT for sure.

The line handled the critisim very well like men. No excuses just promised to play better, to get better. AJ is Not going to throw an INT to TPI, period, mark it down, if that were to happen we would not win the game. Someone other than Yeldon is going to have a breakout game & be his #2 going forward, who is anyone's guess because of the number of pure Talent at RB.
The receivers especially Coop is going to just light them up. Their offense is Deliverence Boy & that's it, but we handled Tebow who was maybe the Best College QB in the history of the game.

The Past is the past, so was the O lines play against VT. Sunday you are all going to want to send cards & letters to Coach Beamer thanking him, not since John McKay brought in Sam Cunningham to teach us a lesson have the Bama based owed so much to an opposing coach.

I know, I'm the nut who usually picks Bama to win by 50 but I just got a real feeling here.

BAMA 49
TPI 3
You make some valid points but your final score seems a bit optimistic even for this optimist. While I think our defense is very good I don't see anyway we hold them to 3 pts.

I predict 34-24.

TheSabanator

Suspended
Oct 1, 2011
Birmingham,Alabama
Not very confident going into this one on the road and after seeing the ineptness of our OL.
I just can't pick against us though...

Alabama 31
Texas A&M 30

2 scores will be by our Special teams and D.

Last edited:

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
It all depends IMO on two things:
1) O Line
2) D contains johnny paycheck

If these two happen, BAMA 31-21

RTR!!!!

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
38-24 Bama

This game scares me to death. It means the whole season and it's game 2. I think we'll win, but I can see those arrogant you-know-what's getting the momentum at home and another upset happening.

I sure do wish the O-line had played better against VT.
Virginia Tech's defensive line is not even comparable to TAMU's defensive line. Our offensive line will play much better this week, simply because the line they'll face isnt as stout. add the anger at being viewed as the week link for two straight weeks, and I think we'll be fine.

BAMA 49
TPI 3
Very ambitious.

Sent from my iPhone

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
34-31 Bama

And thank God I am as insanely busy at work as I am, otherwise the wait would kill me, and I'd be going out of mind...

RTR!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.