If Johnny Football the most "hated" opponent in Bama History? If not, who is?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Who is the most hated Opponent in Bama History?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Re: If Johnny Football the most "hated" opponent in Bama History? If not, who is?

I never knew what the Peyton hate was from. Phil was also before my time as a Bama fan, but I know why there is hate for Phil.

But I am glad I have Peyton on my fantasy team, he won this last week for me. :)

Bama2329

Jul 13, 2012
Re: If Johnny Football the most "hated" opponent in Bama History? If not, who is?

Fulmer by far!!

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011

never had much individual player hate as for true hatred nothing would rival spurrier with gators or, especially, fulmer's viles....les is moving up into their range now too

i put johnny in same class as teo or mathieu....love to see him get exposed on the national stage but would rather it be done by having cns and cks outsmart him into 4 INT's and a few fumbles and hear the million f-bombs that cbs will have the bleep out of the "johnny cam"

wouldn't mind seeing one nasty sack on him maybe as he's going to his right and decides to reverse field only to get destroyed by a LB trailing the play....then the ensuing fumble recovery for TD of course

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama

I personally find Johnny immature and punk-like, but I voted Cam because I was disgusted by the outlandish payments made by the PTB at the barn, and the fact that they got away with it!

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Peyton Manning.

He was an extension of Phil Fulmer, IMO. I'll never forget him leading the UT band in Rocky Top after he beat us in 1995. I'm still not much of a fan of his, although I admit his foray into comedy is usually good for a laugh.

bilbo

Pro Sports Moderator
Oct 13, 1999
Gulf Shores, AL

I was sitting next to the UT band when he did that. Will never forgive him

Peyton Manning.

He was an extension of Phil Fulmer, IMO. I'll never forget him leading the UT band in Rocky Top after he beat us in 1995. I'm still not much of a fan of his, although I admit his foray into comedy is usually good for a laugh.

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia

any school that has a color combo of orange and blue with white mixed in. if it ain't crimson and white it ain't.....well you get the idea. I don't dislike ole johnny autograph but just like with Tebow, I am tired of hearing the media coverage of him.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN

My "someone else" would be Mitch Petrus. For those that don't remember, he is the Arkansas player who tried to end Dont'a Hightower's career with a helmet to the knee.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Phat Phil gets my vote!

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012

If were talking about coaches the Fulmer, more recently Urban Meyer

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

Peyton Manning.

JMO, but we can't complain about another team's band as long as ours plays Rammer Jammer at the end of games.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR

You guys are either very young or have short memories. I hate Phat Phil, Tuberville, and Pat Dye in no particular order. I also loved to hate Spurrier at Florida.

I generally don't dislike individual players as they are an extension of the coach and/or program.

Luvubama

All-SEC
May 26, 2008
Charlotte NC

I might feel differently after this weekend but I just look at JF as an annoyance that we didn't quite expect last year and who has continued to annoy in the off season.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL

While he's not player, "Phat Phil" gets my vote for what he tried to do to our football program, I can never forgive the man & still hate him as much now, as I did when he was HC for The Viles..So I voted "Someone Else"..

As far as it goes "Player" wise..sCam would be my pick..
Players try their best to beat us on the field, as they should. Some of them yah-yah and jabber about it, usually reflecting their immaturity. Not unexpected.
But phat boy and Kramer and their Tenn ilk tried their unholy best to exterminate us. That entity will always be Bama's most profound, if not apparent, enemy. The rest of the names on any "hate" list are mere amateurs by comparison.

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA

Easy choice for Me--Other--a la one Phillip Fulmer and whomever he might be associated with!

Little Piggie

Scout Team
Aug 23, 2006
Little Rock, AR

never had much individual player hate as for true hatred nothing would rival spurrier with gators or, especially, fulmer's viles....les is moving up into their range now too

i put johnny in same class as teo or mathieu....love to see him get exposed on the national stage but would rather it be done by having cns and cks outsmart him into 4 INT's and a few fumbles and hear the million f-bombs that cbs will have the bleep out of the "johnny cam"

wouldn't mind seeing one nasty sack on him maybe as he's going to his right and decides to reverse field only to get destroyed by a LB trailing the play....then the ensuing fumble recovery for TD of course
I like the scenarios you have conjured up. I'll be watching and think at least one or two may be fulfilled.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I don't hate guys for being great football players who we struggle to beat. I'm not going to beat the dead horse, but I don't care for this guy much at all in regards to everything that surrounds him off the field.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.