Oregon vs. Tennessee, who do you pull for?

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I've always taken the old school approach to Tennessee...if they never win again that's what they deserve. But reading through this week's games I made an odd discovery...am I going soft on the Vols?

We've seen the SEC drop several out of conference games early this season. Meanwhile, Oregon is riding high. Cruising for a bruising. An inflated bubble that needs popping.

One minute I think I'd like to see the SEC win, despite the SEC team being UT. Then I come to my senses, and remember just what the UT program is.

Does anybody have any solid thoughts on who to pull for? I seem to be too wishy-washy to make up my mind. My head tells me to pull for Tennessee, but my heart threatens to go on strike if I do.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I simply cannot pull for Oregon, no matter who they play. I hate their offense and their approach to football in general.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I've always taken the old school approach to Tennessee...if they never win again that's what they deserve. But reading through this week's games I made an odd discovery...am I going soft on the Vols?

We've seen the SEC drop several out of conference games early this season. Meanwhile, Oregon is riding high. Cruising for a bruising. An inflated bubble that needs popping.

One minute I think I'd like to see the SEC win, despite the SEC team being UT. Then I come to my senses, and remember just what the UT program is.

Does anybody have any solid thoughts on who to pull for? I seem to be too wishy-washy to make up my mind. My head tells me to pull for Tennessee, but my heart threatens to go on strike if I do.
I want us to be thier first loss of the season, just like I always do; that helps us, and hurts them more...
;)

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Oh I will be pulling for Oregon. I never pull for that "puke orange" Tennessee. NEVER.

That said, I won't be let down if they do somehow win. It will be nice seeing Oregon getting knocked off their perch. But I don't seen anyway that Tennessee doesn't get absolutely steam rolled into the pavement.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
Its in our best interest for Tennessee to win. Oregon can say that they have beaten an SEC team even if they're bad. However, if Tennessee were to pull an upset it would really help the SEC. Not that it matters though because Tennessee has absolutely no chance to win the game.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
Prior to CPF taking over UT I never "hated" them. For me, as a child, they were a respected rival. CBJ seems like a good, respectable coach. I can root for them vs OOC opponents if he is working to dispel the venom between our schools. I could never root for Oregon regardless of coach.

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
I always root for the SEC out of conference. I hated Phil Fulmer, not Tennessee. I have always loved our rivalry but hate what it has become. I am real old school when Tennessee used to be our biggest rival. Now-a-days I firmly believe that LSU and Texas A&M will supplant Auburn and Tennessee as our rivals, due to the poor play of recent teams.

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
One of those games where two teams I cannot stand are playing so it is catch 22. For one to lose, the other has to win. It stinks actually. I am really sick of hearing the Oregon hype every year and the viles are in the SEC. With that being said any TN loss is good enough for them. If Oregon wins, they will be touted as the last great hope to dethrone the SEC and we will have to listen to that junk for the rest of the season. If TN wins, well that is never a good thing. I wish they could end in a tie 0-0. Impossible for me to want a PAC12 team to beat the SEC...Impossible for me to cheer to TN.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I utterly despise UcheaT. But I agree with some of the previous posters, we need them to win or at the very least take it down to the wire. They need to have some credibility when we beat the arnge out of em....again.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.