Best wishes from Norman

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
My favorite line: "I've got a lot of respect for Saban and the current Bama program....reminds me of Stoops and the 2000-2004 OU program (minus the NC losses)"

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Thanks maybe we can rival that 77-0 beat down from 2003, ok well maybe not but thanks for the wishes.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
Prolly cause they won. :biggrin2:
There are numerous OU boards, as there are Tide forums and each has its own unique culture. Some are dominated by very young posters who have little sense of history. Any disdain for Alabama and or the SEC is very superficial and simply relates to the current run you all are on. There is some truth to the idea that when a team beats another team the fanbase of the winning team is generous in its comments about the loser but from my perspective, those of us who have been around a while understand the uncanny similarities between the Tide and the Sooners.

I had always thought the two programs were almost clones of each other and my visit to Tuscaloosa for the back end of our home/home simply validated my thinking. Alabama's history/tradition is older than OU's but in terms of the colors, legendary coaches, fanbases,traditions, and even the wishbone, the programs are like looking in the mirror. If I were asked what is different about the two programs, I would say its the loyalty or lack thereof to their respective conferences. OU fans as a whole, have never been all about the Big 12 or past conference affiliations going back to the Big 7. I guess its because for so many years we were such a dominant force and the rest of the league was termed the 7 dwarfs that we have had very little respect for most of our rivals and we don't lose much sleep if they get beat. I dare say that more OU fans than not were rooting for Mississippi State vs OSU. Many of us old timers are befuddled by the whole SEC,SEC, thing.

Good luck Saturday. Having been to C.S. numerous times for OU games with the Aggies, I can tell you that it will not be a walk-over. Even when they have been mediocre, the Aggies are tough @ home. We had to come from behind in the 4th qtr.to beat them in our last N.C. year (2000).

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.