Five SEC Players Alleged To Have Taken Impermissible Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Fluker is included. Link

Five Southeastern Conference football stars violated NCAA rules by receiving extra benefits prior to completing their collegiate careers, a Yahoo Sports investigation has found. The benefits – which in some cases came from multiple individuals – were conveyed to University of Alabama offensive tackle D.J. Fluker, University of Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray, Tennessee defensive end Maurice Couch, Mississippi State University defensive tackle Fletcher Cox and Mississippi State wideout Chad Bumphis.

Fluker, Bray and Cox are all currently on NFL rosters. Bumphis was recently released by the Miami Dolphins. Couch is a senior starter for the Volunteers this season.

rhm54

1st Team
Nov 30, 2006
Re: Five SEC Players Took Impermissible Benefits

My lord, this is bad. You can't hardly deny the paper trail on this one. I just hope the NCAA doesn't use us as an example, but this will not end well for us.

We could possibly lose 2 National Championships because of this one.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

I saw mention of Ed Stinson's name, too. I wonder how that will effect his availability for this weekend's game?
Shouldn't effect it at all. If Manziel and Cam can get away with getting paid then these players should be able to as well. Whatever happens, Bama better not cooperate with the NCAA, just lawyer up and deny like everyone else. Shoot, hire the same lawyers that AU and A&M used.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA

yeah...this is not good at all

can't say I am too pleased with Fluker...and it's sad to say he will never be welcome in Tuscaloosa ever again

way too much in that story for there to not be something that sticks and gets us in big trouble

AmeliaGayle

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 29, 2012
Mobile, AL

Shouldn't effect it at all. If Manziel and Cam can get away with getting paid then these players should be able to as well. Whatever happens, Bama better not cooperate with the NCAA, just lawyer up and deny like everyone else. Shoot, hire the same lawyers that AU and A&M used.
The difference is cash under the table vs Western Union money order to Bruno's. Sigh.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Sorty of D.J. Fluker receiving extra benefits

Going out on a limb here and saying none of these guys signed for the agent that employed Luther...

The identities of these players were revealed in a web of financial and text message records belonging to former Crimson Tide defensive end Luther Davis. The records were turned over to Yahoo Sports by a source with ties to the NFL agent community who alleged that Davis was acting as an intermediary between several high-profile college football stars and multiple NFL agents and financial advisers.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

The media is now trying to destroy college football. Time for schools to get the word out to current and former players. Time for a bunker mentality.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007

This is NOT good- it appears there is a ton of back-up documentation.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

If they take away either of the Championships, we will have to get Carson Tinker's dad back to smash some more trophies before we send them back.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

Of course this comes out right before the big game. I think I will not listen to the radio anymore, or read twitter till after Saturday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.