For those of you making the trip to College Station...........

Aggie Scott

Scout Team
May 1, 2012
Safe travels to you, have a great time and bring ear plugs! Kyle field is extremely LOUD! Be prepared to stand the entire game if you have Aggies in front of you. Warning: if the stadium appears to be moving, don't worry, that's just the Ags "Saw'n off"!

Hope you have a great time!

So glad we are in the SEC.
Gig Em

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Safe travels to you, have a great time and bring ear plugs! Kyle field is extremely LOUD! Be prepared to stand the entire game if you have Aggies in front of you. Warning: if the stadium appears to be moving, don't worry, that's just the Ags "Saw'n off"!

Gig Em
...we'll probably be happier youre in the SEC after we beat you tomorrow.

Roll Tide!

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Bama fans will deal with the aggie customs just fine. I expect by the end of the game, it will be Bama fans kissing all the girls. ;)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I've heard positive things from people in CS already. I hope our fans return the favor. We haven't had many good fanbases lately. OU in the early 2000s and PSU recently are the best in my memory.

Aggie Scott

Scout Team
May 1, 2012
We expect it to get progressively quieter as the game goes on.......;)
We get even louder if behind. We don't leave the stadium in masses either. If we lose, the student body will stay after and have a yell practice since they obviouly didn't yell loud enough.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
We get even louder if behind. We don't leave the stadium in masses either. If we lose, the student body will stay after and have a yell practice since they obviouly didn't yell loud enough.
I'm glad y'all stick around after the game. We have a unique cheer we do once it's over, be a shame for y'all to miss it. :D

tambo410

1st Team
Nov 25, 2008
Fallston, MD
www.vrbo.com
I have never been to Kyle Field so take this with a grain of salt, but how loud can that place really get...?

I know they practice cheering (seems to me like this would be a natural response for 80,000+ who are pulling for their team to win) but do you really need to practice to be loud? Does one really get louder the more they practice or does ones voice get tired and thus less loud the more it is used? I would think you need to practice more frequently than the Friday night before a home game before you start strengthening your voice, and that unless you are practicing frequently, you are probably having the opposite of the desired effect.

Also, just look at the stadium. It seats 83,000. Certainly not among the largest. That is almost 20,000 less people than would be cheering at BDS if the game were at home. I am not sure how the math works but the maximum a human can yell is just over 100 decibels. Times that by 20,000 (I know that is not exactly how it works) and it has got to be a big difference.

I would imagine that some of it comes down to the acoustics of the stadium. Great, this certainly can make up for having less people yelling (call it the Autzen effect if you will), but this stadium does not look to have a particularly good acoustic quality to it. The decking looks very gradual, there is an open end zone and there is no roof or cover over a portion of the upper deck to hold in the noise or reflect it towards the field.

I have been in a lot of loud stadiums. The Super Dome when it is not a neutral game site and the Carrier Dome are two of the loudest but I have never been overly impressed by the noise at an open air stadium. They get loud, sure, but deafening? Loud to the point where a team is ineffective? I think not. Sure, it may lead to some miscommunication and a delay penalty but it would have to be a razor close game for it to matter much...

Just one guys opinion.

Frankly I'm tired of hearing about Kyle Field and wish they would just play the game already.

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004

Gig Em
I'm going with an A&M alumnus, looking forward to drinking some alcohol out of ice sculptures.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Loudest place I've ever been is Neyland Stadium back in the mid 90's. Bama at UT. This was back before they reduced seating a little for some upgrades. About 105K back in those days if I recall.

For you youngsters, UT used to be pretty good when a certain Peyton Manning was their young qb. It's hard to imagine but they used to compete with Bama.:smile:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I went to the Hurricane Bowl in the late 1980's. I had to stand the entire game. An Aggie gave me tickets. I guess he knew what he was doing (to me and my family).

I also had to tolerate them singing something about farmers or farming. It may have been a chant about farming. I thought I had ended up at the Barn by mistake.

tambo410

1st Team
Nov 25, 2008
Fallston, MD
www.vrbo.com
"One of the great moments in Aggie football history: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NUxFE2oJ-M"

Meh... It's not like that was that loud. You could hear individual comments being made by players on the sideline. I think that is more the case of the UT QB trying to see if the ref's would call a penalty on aTm as the announcer was suggesting. I guess we'll see. Not that I am taking anything away for aTm and their traditions, certainly some of the best in the game, but I just don't see what all the fuss over the noise is about...

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.