Link: Recruiting safari for big gamers - Saban stalks the stalk like nobody else

catsbane

Scout Team
Dec 11, 2008
Helena
Liked the line by Clowney's HS coach, 'when Saban was at the white board, “in a matter of minutes, it looked like he had created nuclear energy.”'. Thanks for posting TW, Interesting look at Saban's recruiting.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
cb, loved that comment myself, but in a slightly different context - thought, "That's it, that's what makes Saban the recruiting dynamo - he's fueled by nuclear energy!"

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
A lot of coaches hate recruiting but CNS really seems to love it.
CNS doesn't get gratification from winning games and championships. He gets it from the work he puts in every day. He thrives on it. He's just wired differently than most of us.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Very interesting article. It really shed some insight into Saban's recruiting process.

drsmithofga

1st Team
Dec 7, 2004
A lot of coaches hate recruiting but CNS really seems to love it.
You know, I would wonder just how much CNS likes to recruit, based on the parts of his personality we've been exposed to as fans. I personally think he doesn't like it one bit, the hand shaking and public relations and persuading he has to do. I think he has established a formula for winning and recruiting happens to be a prime component that he has to excel in. I think everything he does is predicated on a hyper strong desire to be the best.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
You know, I would wonder just how much CNS likes to recruit, based on the parts of his personality we've been exposed to as fans. I personally think he doesn't like it one bit, the hand shaking and public relations and persuading he has to do. I think he has established a formula for winning and recruiting happens to be a prime component that he has to excel in. I think everything he does is predicated on a hyper strong desire to be the best.
I don't know. He comes from a small town, hard working, help your neighbor kind of background. He is probably great in a living room environment pretty much one on one talking about what he loves as opposed to a room full of newspaper guys looking for a headline, etc. Just a feeling, could be wrong.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Thanks for the link. I loved the part when Saban was at the practice with Campbell in Miami and just took is coat off to do some drills.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.