****Bama vs. TAMU Postgame Thread...****

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

The problem wasn't the call by the official. Rather it was that as he caught the ball with a foot out of bounds.
If he had been ?pushed? farther out of bounds like say 5 yards and he caught the ball 5 yards out of bounds, would it have then been a legal catch?

What if this had happened beyond the end zone and caught the ball 5 yards beyond the end zone, I guess it would be a touchdown according to the SEC officials.!?

I didn't like that call!

However, I will take this win. I think if we have to play Evans again, we need to tackle him before he could go out on a pattern to catch the ball. Tackle him at the line of scrimmage and don't let him up. I thought he would give us trouble and he did. 270+ yards catching.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I went back and watched the play again and, yes, I think his toe was on the line when he caught the ball.

I don't see how the ref on replay didn't see it.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
A few thoughts from College Station:

It was hot in there today. We haven't really had a serious hot weather game the past few years, and I was proud of Bama's conditioning. (Depth helps too.)

Yeldon narrowly avoided being the goat -- 2 straight years with a 4th quarter fumble against the Aggies at a crucial time -- yuck!

Love me some Vinnie Sunseri -- Mr. Pick Six!

Did I mention it was hot?

Kyle Field isn't exactly a dump, but it badly needs the upgrade that's coming. And honestly the Aggies weren't all that loud. Can't hold a candle to LSU, Florida, Tennessee (when they were good), Auburn, or BDS.

Aggie fans were by far the nicest folks I've been around for a road game. Just really friendly people.

Northgate district was great for pregame libations.

A&M campus not much to look at. And neither are the co-eds. But again, they were all nice.

Great win for the Tide! Should be undefeated when LSU comes to town!

Glad we won't see Johnny Football again.

Bama should have won by 3 or 4 TD's. Refs started calling lots of crooked penalties on us - including the horse collar on Manziel that wasn't -- and that really made a difference in keeping them in the game.

RTR!!!
How many "Howdy's" did you receive? First time I was ever on that campus, every time I passed someone they said "Howdy". If I had actually know what was going on I would have said and "Roll Tide" to you.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Here's the gesture that got Yeldon a personal foul called against him after the TD, I don't agree with the call, but, the players shouldn't do anything, that would give the refs a reason to call a foul..I'm all for players celebrating after a big play, but, in a close game against top teams like The Aggie's or LSU, you just can't do stuff that potentially cost your team the game..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Here's the gesture that got Yeldon a personal foul called against him after the TD, I don't agree with the call, but, the players shouldn't do anything, that would give the refs a reason to call a foul..I'm all for players celebrating after a big play, but, in a close game against top teams like The Aggie's or LSU, you just can't do stuff that potentially cost your team the game..
Mike Evans didn't mind celebrating after he scored his 95 yard touchdown. Of course, there wasn't a flag.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Not only is Manziel as good as he is but he's also been very lucky, especially against us. When you add up the no call on him for face masking while getting a horse collar to the catch out of bounds where the guy was as shocked he caught it as anyone to the escape from Pagan and pass completion over the middle while falling backwards the breaks seem to fall his way.

Ninety nine times out of a hundred the wounded duck pass he threw after escaping Pagan would have been intercepted.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Pagan had an o lineman pushing him in the back during that whole series of events.

I couldn't be happier with the win, especially with all the home cooking from the zebras.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Same here; I thought at the time that the play would be reviewed to see if the player was inbounds when he caught it even though I don't think the being-forced-out question can be reviewed. Maybe that's why the replay official ignored it?
Actually that can be reviewed. Remember back in CNS first yr in '07 he challenged the exact call in the Ole Miss game which won the game for us.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
This shot makes it appear his foot was on the line but his foot could have been off the ground and the angle makes it look like it is touching it.

I'm not saying either way, but surely this would have been reviewed with a much better camera angle.
Even if that was the case and that is the call that is made then the ball should have been dead right there. That call and the call on HAHA were 1A & 1B on worst calls of the day. Horrible.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.