On TJ's penalty and trademark gestures.

RammaJamma10

1st Team
Dec 5, 2006
Harvest, AL
First off, I do not in any way condone what TJ did after scoring the TD. That being said, have you ever seen the throat slash move done with both hands going in the opposite direction? When I saw the replay, I thought he did the money sign, then the superman move where you "rip open the shirt". I guess if his thumbs weren't out it would have been acceptable? I thought the throat slash move was done with one hand at the throat.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I expect the Money gesture/Throat slash only reflected TJs feelings about JFF.
I can think of a lot of occasions where I opened my mouth, before I put my brain in gear.
I think the gestures fall in this category.
There is a price to pay for the gestures and I think he began paying the next series,
when we were driving, got in the Red Zone, and Yeldon was replaced at RB.
I'm pretty sure that CNS will take time this week to address the problem.

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Like I said on the Good,Bad & Ugly thread....
Make him run stadium steps all week - he won't do it again
Besides, pretty sure we could miss his tired legs against CS - more important that he (and the rest of the team) gets the message.
I am more concerned with the fumbles; twice against the same team, in critical situations. He does that against the who's and we will have big problems.

Last edited:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I loved it and stood up cheering/laughing when he did it. I could care less about the penalty.
Me, too. :) But, only against A&M or Auburn.

I know it is wrong, but at that particular time, I gave him a pass because it was directed at Johnny Hancock.

ETA: I don't want to see it again, though. Once was enough.

Last edited:

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
He shouldn't have done and he knows it. Learn from it and move on. That's all he can do at this point. Good running day by him though.
He looked great running the ball saturday...helps a lot when your not hit in the backfield every other play...
....the demise of our offensive line seems to have been greatly exaggerated.

Now, we have to fix the penalty bug....

He looked great running the ball saturday...helps a lot when your not hit in the backfield every other play...
....the demise of our offensive line seems to have been greatly exaggerated.

Now, we have to fix the penalty bug....
Blame some of that on the refs, at least 15 yards and a couple of those false starts weren't, but yeah still too many penalty helped them out too much.

Sent from my iPhone

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
There is a price to pay for the gestures and I think he began paying the next series,
when we were driving, got in the Red Zone, and Yeldon was replaced at RB.
I thought this, too, but realized it happens all the time anyway. Yeldon started the drive, then Kenyan Drake had two first downs in three plays prior to Yeldon coming back in for the 4 yard TD play. I don't think he wasn't punishing TJ by subbing in Drake to score the TD on the next drive, any more than he was punishing the backups by letting TJ carry the ball 7 straight times when he lost the fumble on the goal line. Saban likes to keep his backs fresh, but sometimes you get burned when you "go with the hot hand"

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
First off, I do not in any way condone what TJ did after scoring the TD. That being said, have you ever seen the throat slash move done with both hands going in the opposite direction? When I saw the replay, I thought he did the money sign, then the superman move where you "rip open the shirt". I guess if his thumbs weren't out it would have been acceptable? I thought the throat slash move was done with one hand at the throat.
Exactly. He didn't do a throat slash. Horrible call.

BrandonOfMetry

Scout Team
Oct 5, 2005
Houston
Totally selfish play. If you're going to say or do something that is only going to make you feel good for a few minutes, refrain. It's never worth it.
I don't think it was selfish. I think he was making a statement on behalf of the team. I thought it was worth the cost penalty-wise at the time, and definitely in retrospect. Was that his call to make? No, and I won't argue that he should have done it. That said, I don't think it was selfish (as in, not being a team player).

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
I'm just hoping someone from the media asks Coach about it during the press conference today:)

Time to start poppin' the corn:lurk5: on TideFans.com

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.