On TJ's penalty and trademark gestures.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
It's almost as if the refs will let a player get away with developing is own little "symbol" or gesture. But if you mock someone else's, that's when you get in trouble. I know TJ's penalty cost us a little, but I have a hard time getting worked up over it, when ever Tom, Dick and Harry in college football can do something but one little mock gets you the hammer.

Thoughts?

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Yeldon added the throat slash. That's what got him. Automatic penatly

Like Nick said, "That's not us."

And we don't need it, no matter what an other Tom Dick or Harry team is doing.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
It's almost as if the refs will let a player get away with developing is own little "symbol" or gesture. But if you mock someone else's, that's when you get in trouble. I know TJ's penalty cost us a little, but I have a hard time getting worked up over it, when ever Tom, Dick and Harry in college football can do something but one little mock gets you the hammer.

Thoughts?
In my Pollyanna opinion, it was something that I would not expect from a University of Alabama football player and especially not from TJ, considering his all business - persona from the previous year.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
In my Pollyanna opinion, it was something that I would not expect from a University of Alabama football player and especially not from TJ, considering his all business - persona from the previous year.
Ya that seemed very out of character for him.

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
I know he was caught up in the emotions of the game, but he should have refrained. Like Coach Saban said going to the locker room, that is not who Alabama is. I'm sure Yeldon will be "coached" this coming week on the consequences of his actions. T.J. and the rest of the team will learn from it.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I understand the desire to do this but do it on the sidelines, Mark & Julio's Gator chop is classic & team is not hurt.

TJ has got to work on taking care of the ball, Tony Nathan had the sme trouble but CPB got it fixed.

The Red Zone

Jan 28, 2008
It was a selfish act on one player's part. TJ didn't pay the price alone, though, with a penalty for his team. He also had "humble pie" with his fumble in the fourth quarter, which fortunately didn't cost his team the game. Eventually, *most* reap what they sow with their foolish actions.

Hopefully, lessons are learned and this matures the kid.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
T.J. knows better. In a game of this magnitude a penalty like that can change emotions and momentum and end up costing a team big time.
He really must have been pumped because he's normally a pretty even keel player.

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A
Completely, completely out of character for TJ. Personally, I think it shocked CNS more than anything. I think its over, but yeah, throat slash will get you a penalty every time now.

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
That would have actually been worth the 15 yards and the funniest thing ever in college football.
Completely agree! LOL!

Oh and I don't think it was 'selfish' cause if you think for a minute the other players were just sitting around w/ their hands under their bums on the side, I doubt that. Probably lol'ed at the gesture too. Not sayin' he was right, just that taking it out of proportion is wrong.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Good Lord. Y'all act like he mooned the other sideline.
No, we're acting like a player who knows better did something foolish, selfish, immature, and he cost his team 15 yards in a very tough and critical game. Not to mention that it is the type of antics that do not portray what the Alabama Crimson Tide are about, as Nick Saban said.

Other than that I agree with you, what's the big deal?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I liked Saban's comment about what Yeldon did. Much better than saying "He just got a little excited, he's just a kid".

BAMA JAMMA

Scout Team
Oct 28, 2007
TJ has got to work on taking care of the ball, Tony Nathan had the sme trouble but CPB got it fixed.
Oh Lord here we go. I knew it wouldn't take long. I also remember when everyone said the same about Lacy....

Look, when you get stood up and have two big guys hit you, one down low and one up high thru TJ's arms, the ball can easily pop out. I don't care if you're The Hulk, sometimes it just happens. It was a great defensive stand by the Aggies. Yes it was eerily similar to last years big fumble but I put this one less on Yeldon and more on the two who popped it out. He does not have a track record of fumbles so its not like he has this nagging issue of "taking care of the ball". Fumbles happen, even to the best of players, believe it or not.

Last edited:

The Red Zone

Jan 28, 2008
Thoughts?
Good Lord. Y'all act like he mooned the other sideline.
If you don't want other ppl's opinions, then don't ask the question. Good Grief.

Taunting, in my opinion, is the equivalent of "mooning the other sideline," metaphorically speaking. You asked for "thoughts." I gave you mine. We can agree to disagree.*

*And that goes for anyone else who dislikes my opinion or this post.

Last edited:
Oh Lord here we go. I knew it wouldn't take long. I also remember when everyone said the same about Lacy....

Look, when you have two big guys hit you up high to pop the ball out, I don't care if you're The Hulk, sometimes it just happens. Yes it was eerily similar to last year but I put this one less on Yeldon and more on the two who popped it out. He does not have a "track record" of fumbles so its not like he has this nagging issue of "taking care of the ball". Fumbles happen, even to the best of players, believe it or not.
That is true!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.