Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A
Our problem is not a fast offense. Oregon is not a problem. Johnny Manziel is a problem. I wish him a happy and healthy career in the NFL....starting next year. lol

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
Oregon would definitely put some points up, but the things that happen for Manziel are just absolutely unbelievable at times.
Mariota is NOT Johnny Manziel. Huge, huge difference between him and JM. Mariota can't do half the things JM can do with a football. I've never seen any QB on the run do the things that JM can do. Drives me crazy, you think you got him and he effortlessly tosses the ball 30 yds down field hitting a receiver in midstride.

Oregon is soft on defense, probably softer than Texas A&M. IF (and I'm assuming NOTHING) Bama makes it to the NCG, I can't decide who I'd like to see Bama play and crush more, Ohio State or Oregon. Either would be fine but I'm kind of leaning toward Oregon, because they're a media darling and it seems like Duck fans probably talk more smack than any other fan base.

Mariota is NOT Johnny Manziel. Huge, huge difference between him and JM. Mariota can't do half the things JM can do with a football. I've never seen any QB on the run do the things that JM can do. Drives me crazy, you think you got him and he effortlessly tosses the ball 30 yds down field hitting a receiver in midstride.

Oregon is soft on defense, probably softer than Texas A&M. IF (and I'm assuming NOTHING) Bama makes it to the NCG, I can't decide who I'd like to see Bama play and crush more, Ohio State or Oregon. Either would be fine but I'm kind of leaning toward Oregon, because they're a media darling and it seems like Duck fans probably talk more smack than any other fan base.
Either one will be fine!

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
I'd be thrilled if we make it to Pasadena, whoever the opponent is. I just hope we get better officiating than we got yesterday. Lots of football between now and then, though. Bring on CSU.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
week 3 and Oregon thinks they are already the second best team? They still have a few "tough" games left. UCLA, Washington, Stanford, and Oregon State. Maybe even Arizona could be included in that group.

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
The problem with them thinking that they could handle Bama like they handled UT is that UT has no offense. As a result, the ducks defense was not exposed. As shown yesterday, we have a very good offense. We can score quickly or have long sustained drives that will keep their offense off the field and wear their defense out.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
I think Oregon is at their peak right now and would hate to play them now because we are a long ways from peaking. If we improve and happen to win the SEC, then we would have a good month or so to prepare for them and we know how coach Saban does with that long to prepare. Of course they have to make it there too which by the way they are very capable of doing. 2010 proves that and I am not as impressed with Stanford or UCLA as I am with Oregon. Long way to go though. ;)

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
They will start crowing about being better than Bama if we don't put 59 points on the board against Tennessee, but they will ignore the fact that Coach Saban will call off the dogs long before the score gets there.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Every team worth its salt wants a shot at Alabama. You set the bar. Only a few are delusional enough to think that you are not what you appear to be. I suspect that the Oregon fans are among the delusional.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.