Tip of the Hat to the O-Line

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
For all the grief the O-line caught by the media and us fans they came out and did a great job yesterday. They (along with the coaches) deserve a much needed and deserved pat on the back for their performance yesterday. Zero (yes, count them. Won't take long) sacks. Created lots of running lanes and great protection all game long.

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
First thread I've seen on this subject. I thought they looked every bit as good as the guys looked last year. I'm glad I didn't jump on the fallling sky train after the VT game. VT's defense really is that good. Yesterday's O-line performance was outstanding. I only remember one time A&M got any pressure on AJ. Running backs were gashing A&M's defense for huge gains late.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
They played well as a unit, and deserve a lot of credit for the obvious hard work since the 1st game. Still, I don't think we've seen the best they can be. I'm excited to watch them develop more cohesiveness and get even better as the year rolls on.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
Yes, I will tip my hat to a fine game by the OL. I also wish they will continue their improvement, eliminate the penalties, keep AJM upright and clean and prepare to bulldoze some folks in prep for Ole Miss and LSU.:BigA:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Offensive Line kept AJ's jersey clean.
O Line held blocks longer.
O Line made some holes I could have gone thru. ;)

We had some mental lapses, but Offensive Line redeemed themselves yesterday.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Except for Vinnie's Pick-6, all of our touchdowns came off of substantial drives; 75yds; 80yds; 80yds; 93yds; 83yds; and 65yds. We don't do that without good line play.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
They dominated all game long. They stayed true to their assignments, and they kept on their blocks. You can tell they took they took the VaTech game personally, because they looked like they were trying to prove something yesterday.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
It really it played out perfectly for us. The offensive line did not look good against VT. A lot of people were very critical of the offensive line. The offensive line had to hear this for two weeks and they had a chip on their shoulder yesterday and took it out on Texas A & M. The time consuming drives we had and the protection they gave AJ was the key to the game. They played an excellent game.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
We are not perfect here yet still have to work on the early jumps but, yes they did a Great job!

Where are all the sky is falling folks?

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Amen to all those comments. AJ seemed to have all the time in the world while picking apart the A&M secondary.

Great effort by the OL up front.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.