Good, Bad, & Ugly week 3

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Good: found a way to win. Sunseri. AJM. Howard. Bell.

Bad: Barn lucks up against Ole Miss' little brother. Texas, really? Losing is one thing, but they look bad.

Ugly: The zebras. I'm sure that will be discussed a lot this week.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
The good: the Oline performance, especially in light of all the scrutiny

The bad: the defense, especially in light of all the praise

The ugly: the officiating....ridiculousness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Good- the offense kept answering the bell.
Bad- The defensive execution and discipline were often poor.
Ugly- The targeting rule in general and that targeting call are horrible.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Good: Our pro style offense winning in a shootout, O-Line showing out. Eric LeGrand's number being retired.

Bad: We won in a shootout lol, and my cousin Johnny Fulton. The penalties on offense.

Ugly: Ha-Ha's "targeting". Texas losing to Ole Miss. Wisconsin's bad clock management.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The good: know we can prevail whatever the circumstance - even triple digit temps and 14 down on the road, confidence builder, o-line stepped up, Sunseri is a beast, AJ, Foster perfect 7 for 7 on kicks, Drake, welcome back to Fowler, White, and Bell

Bad: giving up that Hail Mary toss, injuries, TJ fumble

Ugly: Ritters Ripoffs, that whole AC mess, 600-plus yards yielded and 42 points

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Good: OL play.
Bad: Defensive play (with some notable exceptions).
Ugly: Refs' officiating really interfered in the flow of the game in parts; missed calls; ridiculous calls.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Good - getting out with a win, O's overall performance
Bad - hope TJ has to run stadium steps all week, and have a football taped to each hand all week...no excuses.
Ugly - never, never, never, never, never let a receiver get behind you late in the game when you have a lead; mostly unforgivable, but in that situation, with that guy, totally unacceptable. Officials.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Good - defensive performance! What a reminder as the season progresses about how far they have to go to become an elite unit.
Bad - the idea that the offensive play calling would not have been dialed up if not quickly behind by 14 points.
Ugly - the antics and showmanship prevalent in college football today. Frankly, I was surprised to see Yeldon start the second half.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The good: We won. We kept our poise being down 14 on the road early. Sunseri's pick six. The clock management on our last drive. Had we scored too quickly, the Aggies have time to score twice.

The bad: The defense. Yes, he's a pretty good QB and Evans is a fair WR, but giving up 42 points and that many yards. Yeldon's fumble and his throat slash.

The Ugly: Has anyone mentioned the officiating yet?

NCbamagirl

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 30, 2006
Good: Getting the W in College Station
Bad: The secondary (although I want to give them the benefit of the doubt - Evans is a freak of nature)
Ugly: Officiating. Our secondary may not have looked as bad if just half the holding calls I saw were called.

I think JF lathers up in butter before each game. That guy's a slippery little sucker!

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Good. The offense scored pretty much at will. We only punted twice.
Bad. The defensive play call on 3 and 9 when we had them backed up to the goal.
Ugly. New record for most yards given up in a game (628). Previous record was to Archie Manning in 1969 (609).

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
good: good guys won
bad: I don't think it has been mentioned yet, but the officiating was pretty bad
ugly: read the game threads, some people need to never post during games.

again folks I am sorry I didn't keep my lucky mug filled throughout the game. totally my fault, won't happen again.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Good: Overall OL play and the mettle of this team to overcome adversity and gut out a win.
Bad: The secondary and our LT's inability to stay still until the ball is snapped. Fortunately, the secondary should get better with experience and CK's problem can be worked out.
Ugly: For the umpteenth time on this thread . . . the officiating.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
The Good: Johnny B. Good A J was also good!
The Bad: Officiating and Defenses (Both sides)
The Ugly: The Heat and Evans 279 receiving yards

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.