A'Shawn Robinson!

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
I thought he had a great game. With guys like Dee Liner and Reuben Foster part of the 2013 class on defense Robinson was overlooked by many (like me), but that guy has stood out. He is going to be an absolute terror in the coming years.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I wholeheartedly agree. He played very fundamentally sound, and he kept his lanes closed. I was shocked when they showed him on the sidelines after one of our td's, he is so big that he looks like a 30 yo man. I am stoked to have him for the next 3-4 years.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I'm exited about what Robinson can mean to our team. He can provide the same role Jesse Williams played in 2011 and Marcel Dareus played in 2009.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Good game by AR!! Hope he stays hungry and continues to get better because he's looking like he can be an absolute beast before long.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Must have been sweet for him to get significant playing time in front of the Texas home crowd.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Many overlook/forget about him because he was a late addition to the class. His commitment surprised many since he was a Tejas commit. He was one of the top recruits in the nation IIRC.

He made an impact yesterday and will continue to do so as the season progresses. We better enjoy him on the field while we can because he won't be here long.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
He reminds me of one of those elite D linemen that played at Miami back in the '80's. I look for him to really develop nicely and I predict right now he will be a top 5 pick in the 2016 nfl draft.

Last edited:

Bhammer

1st Team
Jan 4, 2007
Birmingham
In most cases, earning playing time as a true freshman for Coach Saban is a good sign that somebody is going to have a really bright future. Love it that he's a D-lineman. Wish we had a couple of corners to go along with him.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Truthfully, I didn't know he got him. When they showed him, I thought it was a coach. Dude looks grown!!

Sent from my iPhone
Was A'Shawn the one they kept showing on the sideline, with the massively big head at the end of the game, my girlfriend kept saying he had the biggest head she'd ever seen in her life, and I agree with her, he is an impressively big dude & should be the 1st player off the bus at away games, just for the "Intimidation Factor"..

And I'm not making fun of A'Shawn when I say "Big Head', cause he just a big big big boy, he's just an impressively massive human being..

Was A'Shawn the one they kept showing on the sideline, with the massively big head at the end of the game, my girlfriend kept saying he had the biggest head she'd ever seen in her life, and I agree with her, he is an impressively big dude & should be the 1st player off the bus at away games, just for the "Intimidation Factor"..

And I'm not making fun of A'Shawn when I say "Big Head', cause he just a big big big boy, he's just an impressively massive human being..
I want to say yes. I swear he looks older than me.

Sent from my iPhone

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.