Share your experience if you went to College Station, please.

crtide

1st Team
Jul 19, 2007
Gadsden, AL
I did not attend, but have been reading TexAgs and they compliment Bama fans without exception. Seems like everyone got along well, considering. Would also love to hear from our fans who were there.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
I did not attend, but have been reading TexAgs and they compliment Bama fans without exception. Seems like everyone got along well, considering. Would also love to hear from our fans who were there.
Like you, I wasn't at the game, and I also have been reading the ags forum. They have a thread discussing rude/unruly fans at the game. I was pleased to read that about 99% of their complaints of fans were in fact talking about other aggies. Their was one or two exceptions, but almost everyone complimented the UA fan base. Multiple post described their shame and embarrassment of the way many of their fellow aggies acted toward Bama fans in general, followed by stating how well they were treated at BDS last year. I was glad to see that our fan base represented the University with the same class and integrity that is the University of Alabama!! :BigA:

tidegrandpa

All-American
Just got back home from CS; Arrived 1:00pm Friday, met with family that flew in from Mobile at, Mexican restaurant in CS. All seated we could see were Ags, Everyone very friendly. That night 4 of us went to the biggest bar area,Northgate, got a table by the street and it started. I had my crimson BAMA tee shirt on, hard to miss. A Houston TV reporter with cameraman stopped at the table and asked me if I would comment on the Aggie experience. Don't know if it aired. All were younger than us but all extremely friendly and the majority saw my shirt, extended their hand and welcomed us to Aggieland. Game day all had BAMA garb on, and we all were welcomed and insisted on joining tented tailgates. The one we entered had a buffet of ribeye, cheese mashed potatoes and pies and cakes. Could not pay for a beer or cold water.(It was 97 degrees) The game crowd was the same. The only time we had a quiet crowd was when Sunseri scored. I don't know how the line heard anything. I had Ely on livesportsradio in my ear and sometimes full volume was not enough. After the game even more gracious. We were riding with my son in law, full bore Aggie grad, walked halfway across campus, got a hundred handshakes. I sure was proud of our coaches and team for the way they came back in such a rowdy place.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Just got back home from CS; Arrived 1:00pm Friday, met with family that flew in from Mobile at, Mexican restaurant in CS. All seated we could see were Ags, Everyone very friendly. That night 4 of us went to the biggest bar area,Northgate, got a table by the street and it started. I had my crimson BAMA tee shirt on, hard to miss. A Houston TV reporter with cameraman stopped at the table and asked me if I would comment on the Aggie experience. Don't know if it aired. All were younger than us but all extremely friendly and the majority saw my shirt, extended their hand and welcomed us to Aggieland. Game day all had BAMA garb on, and we all were welcomed and insisted on joining tented tailgates. The one we entered had a buffet of ribeye, cheese mashed potatoes and pies and cakes. Could not pay for a beer or cold water.(It was 97 degrees) The game crowd was the same. The only time we had a quiet crowd was when Sunseri scored. I don't know how the line heard anything. I had Ely on livesportsradio in my ear and sometimes full volume was not enough. After the game even more gracious. We were riding with my son in law, full bore Aggie grad, walked halfway across campus, got a hundred handshakes. I sure was proud of our coaches and team for the way they came back in such a rowdy place.
I like to take swipes at the Aggies but I was expecting them to be good hosts. You give a nice report, thanks.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Just got back home and I would say that the Aggie fans are among the classiest of the SEC. Very gracious and welcoming. I cannot tell you how many said "welcome to College Station". After the game, it was "great game". Like any fan base, the Aggies have what they call the "two percenters" and that is the two percent of the group that do not exhibit these qualities. While I ran into a few of those, by far the majority were just first class. I can say I am proud to have them in the SEC. Outside of the Memorial Student Center, there is some lettering at the entrance that says "respect". You are to take your hat off before entering the building as it is a memorial. But I can say the Aggies have earned my respect both on and off the field and I cannot say that for all the fan bases in our conference.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
It was a hot day, and there's not a lot of shade anywhere on that campus. Not a very pretty campus but the people were by far the nicest I've encountered at any road game. The stadium is cramped and tired - they badly need the big renovation that's been announced. Also the "12th man" crowd was not particularly loud -- nothing close to LSU, Florida, BDS, Auburn, or Tennessee back when they were good. Northgate district was great for pregame libations and interaction with fans. On the whole, the hospitable atmosphere and the exciting game made for a great trip but not sure I'd go back any time soon.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Fans were pretty nice, but not as nice as Penn State fans in 2011. Northgate is a pretty neat bar scene.

The stadium was below average. It took forever to get to the upper deck and the walkways were way to small leading to really bad bottlenecks. I didn't think it was that loud, but had some good energy.

Crazy hot. I will not go to a day game there again before Halloween.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
Interestingly, about a quarter of the students we saw were headed into the stadium carrying gallon jugs of water. They apparently allow you to bring your own water in, recognizing that it's a serious health/safety issue on a day like yesterday. Alabama should do the same, especially for students.

FanoBama

Sep 3, 2012
Leesburg, FL
I don't know if fans from either side had the energy to be nasty we other after the game. I watched it from the recliner in my living room and I was exhausted. Had I been at the game, I think I would've need oxygen and an IV.
Seriously, though, it is nice to hear that fans know how to support the teams with all their heart and still be civil with the opposition.
Thanks to College Station and all the A&M fans for the hospitality shown towards the Crimson Tide fans who made the trip in. We look forward to welcoming you guys back into Tuscaloosa next year!

2bseen

3rd Team
Nov 8, 2007
lake guntersville
Like everyone is saying 90% super nice, went out of their way to welcome us. Stadium in bad need of update. They sold out of water before halftime where we were sitting. Average loud not like lsu for sure. They wasnt so friendly when Bama got up to by 21 but most were better by the end of the game. Penn state fans were nicer for sure, but aggies were the best of any sec road game. I was extremely exhausted by the end of the game.

bama70

3rd Team
Oct 19, 2011
NE Alabama
I did not visit the Northgate district but I would agree with all the other parts of the post. The Aggie fans before and after the game were very nice. Everyone seemed so happy to be in the SEC and out of the shadow of UT. Several fans I met attended last years game and had nothing but compliments about their trip to Tuscaloosa.

I would agree that the stadium seriously needs updating. The ramp leading to our seats was extremely narrow and steep. It took nearly 15 minutes to get to our seats once we got within 10 yards of the ramp. Seats were extremely narrow and the bathrooms were nearly 50 yards away. Since my seat was at the very end of the open part of the stadium the crowd noise did not seem extremely loud.

I must say that I have been attending games since the mid 50's and I have never come close to witnessing a game with as many big plays. I only hope #13 (Evans) turns pro so we don't have to face him again. I may be more impressed with Manziel as a player after this year's game than the 2012 game.

Toz

Jul 26, 2009
My wife and i were invited by one of our vendors out of Dallas who is a TA&M grad. What a great time. By far the nicest fans I have encountered. Went to the concert and midnight yell friday night and they easily had 50K in the stadium at midnight. That was a fun experience. "Howdy" was heard often. Could not walk to or from the stadium without tailgaters asking us if we needed a drink or just chatting it up. My wife called them the Eddie Hascal of the SEC. Replay on TV did not do justice to the noise level at the stadium. Attached a couple of pics. BTW the one pic is not a concession stand in the stadium, it's our friends tailgate set up.
Here are the away stadiums I've been to in order of their rudeness:
1. LSU (Not even close, had them throwing stuff at us one game ,and we had one of our kids with us)
2. Auburn (Just cause)
3. Ole Miss
4. Miss State
5. Kentucky (Their teams are so bad they just don't care)
6. TA&M (Great fans)

Last edited:

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Aggies were great before, during, and after the game. I heard "Welcome to College Station" several times, and many "congratulations" afterwards. Can't say enough about their hospitality. There really is a conscious respect, each school for the other. Reminded me of how Penn State treated us up there a couple of times. It's good to have these guys in the conference. Some of our SEC brethren have a lot to learn about respect for the game, and can learn from A&M.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Aggies were great before, during, and after the game. I heard "Welcome to College Station" several times, and many "congratulations" afterwards. Can't say enough about their hospitality. There really is a conscious respect, each school for the other. Reminded me of how Penn State treated us up there a couple of times. It's good to have these guys in the conference. Some of our SEC brethren have a lot to learn about respect for the game, and can learn from A&M.
I started to say the same thing as regards the A&M comparison to Penn State fans. Great comparison

Redstripe

3rd Team
Dec 26, 2012
Foley, Alabama
Everyone we met was extremely nice. I could not count how many times we heard "Howdy", and "welcome to College Station". By far the nicest bunch of fans I have ever met. Also, it was probably the hottest I have ever been at a game in my entire life, I just thought we had heat here, jeez.

It is really a place to experience, with the cool traditions they have (none of which involve toilet paper). It was great to see the corps step off, very cool, and that band is incredible. I do hope to go back one day, but it will be in October or later.

And I hope we never have to face JM again.

Last edited by a moderator:

SCrammerjammer

1st Team
Sep 4, 2000
South Carolina
Thanks everyone for your responses. I had Aggie friends at my house for the game. I'll share your comments with them. Funny thing, they are also Penn St grads. I took them to Ttown and they tell everyone how much hpositality they encountered before (2 days) and after the game. They were concerned about the 2% for us at PSU (evidently its a little more hostile when OSU crowds roll into Happy Valley). They expected exactly what you shared about TAMU folks.

THanks again! RTR.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I'll share a little different side of College Station, the airport.

Many of you know I am a Delta flight attendant that flies the team to all away games. We arrived at the airport at halftime and were immediately invited to a hospitality tent with free food and beverages with big screen tv's. It was pretty obvious we were all Alabama as we were dressed in our gameday jerseys and other Alabama attire. We were surrounded by a hundred or so private pilots and crew, and we were definitely in the minority. We found our UA1 pilots and enjoyed watching the 2nd half with them. Great job Mike and Robert always taking care of our Alabama leaders and for letting me wear your BCS championship ring for most of the 3rd quarter. :) I think that's why we did so well in that quarter. LOL.

There were over 200 private jets in town for just that game. Don't have any idea how some of them made it back to the airport so quickly, but takeoffs began almost 15 minutes after game time and continued non-stop for two hours. I just had no idea the amount of money at A&M. I mean that airport was a well run machine with aircraft parked remotely miles away and shuttles running immediately after game time to get crews to their respective aircraft. I'm accustomed to waiting at Knoxville or Baton Rouge for 15-20 minutes just to get a tractor or a golf cart to take us back to our aircraft.

I'm also accustomed to being #1 for takeoff at these smaller airports especially on a Saturday night. We usually wait about 1 1/2 - 2 hours after the end of the game for the team, and so usually we are the only ones out there by then. I must say I was shocked as we begin our taxi only to be told we were #4 for takeoff. I looked out and as I mentioned tiny private jets with our big 757 trailing behind them was comical. The big boys were leaving town, but we still had to wait our turn. :)

I know it wasn't the stadium, but it was still great hospitality by College Station. I look forward to returning there again.

BTW, the flight back was CRAAAAAZY wild! No snoozing on that one.

Last edited:

Aggie Scott

Scout Team
May 1, 2012
Thanks for the comments, expected nothing less from my fellow Aggies though. One thing you Bama fans probably can't understand is how excited and grateful we are to now be a part of the SEC! You've never been in a conference that is politically dominated by one school that looks out for itself, allows the rest of the teams to have a few scraps and expects you to be happy about it. Tom Osbourne saw it first and got the hell out of Dodge. Colorado and Mizzou did the same. For Texas A&M, it wasn't quite as easy. With Baylor threatening law suits and the horns pulling political strings, it wasnt easy, but we got it done. Aggies are going to respect you, Vandy, SC, Kentucky and anyone else that shows up at Kyle Field! We are just glad to be a part of the SEC!

As far as the comments about Kyle Field, we are currently working on it to get it up to SEC standards. The next time you make it to Kyle, it will be updated, closed in and seating capacity will be around 102,000.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.