The Sunseri Interception

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
In re-watching the game just now, I focused in on how the ball ended up in Sunseri's hands.

Danielson described it as having had been batted up in the air by Jarrick Williams' left hand

Which is certainly how it initially looked.

But when you reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally slow it down, you see that it actually bounded up in the air off Williams' helmet!

Wow, talk about usin' your head!

In re-watching the game just now, I focused in on how the ball ended up in Sunseri's hands.

Danielson described it as having had been batted up in the air by Jarrick Williams' left hand

But when you reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally slow it down, you see that it actually bounded up in the air off Williams' helmet!

Jarrick was in the right place at the right time.

Sent from my iPhone

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
If I told you at the beginning of the season that Sunseri would have as many touchdowns as Yeldon and Cooper combined, what would you have said to me? Lol

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
He really does have an eye for the end zone. He knew he had to jump to make sure his knee wouldn't be down before. Awesome play.

He is looking to have the kind of year that Lester had that one time.​

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
He really does have an eye for the end zone. He knew he had to jump to make sure his knee wouldn't be down before. Awesome play.

He is looking to have the kind of year that Lester had that one time.​
Yep... Great play. I wonder if there is a place in the NFL for a guy like him these days. I am a Cowboys fan and he reminds me of Bill Bates. I just don't know if a Bill Bates kind of player can make it in today's game. The game is so fast now days. I hope Sal makes it though as he is smart and has a huge heart!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That was an impressive TD return after he intercepted the ball, he has offensive type moves running with the ball, like a bigger version of "Johnny Football"..Put him offense Coach, and let him work his magic on that side of the ball, he could be plugged in on the offense if needed be..LOL

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Oh yeah he didn't juke Johnny that hard, he really just whiffed. Head down and all.

Sent from my iPhone
I wouldn't call it a "juke." What he did was give JM a limp leg. His left leg kept on driving and JM, not the greatest defender, had nothing to hold on to. It was definitely a RB-type move...

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
That dive into the end zone is hilarious. We're so use to the Reggie Bush type dives for TDs with the fast front flip and then VS gives us the slow motion fish out of water jump. Greatness

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
HAHA..Who says "White Men Can't Jump"..LOL
But not too high...as to draw a penalty for excessive celebration. That's why it was "greatness" as previously labeled - may have been a necessity to propel him into the end zone or may have been Vinnie showing the acme of his "athleticism" and the officials didn't want to be put on the spot as Russian Olympic judges.

I wouldn't call it a "juke." What he did was give JM a limp leg. His left leg kept on driving and JM, not the greatest defender, had nothing to hold on to. It was definitely a RB-type move...
Agreed...

Still though, as athletic as everyone is saying John Boy is, not saying he's not, you would have thought that would have been a text book tackle. He looked like a fish out of water. He made his own secondary proud, and Longhorns' too...

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian

I noticed that on the first slo-mo replay after he scored. The ball jumped too sharply up in the air from just hand contact.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.